Ram air does indeed effect pressure inside the case and contributes to top speed.

Me thinks it might be due to the QUALITY of airflow vs. the QUANTITY of airflow that the O.P. is experiencing. A (long) while ago, Hot Rod Magazine tested different air cleaner housing/filter combos on a Chevy 350; one of the more interesting findings was that for a given set-up, the shape of the air filter element itself, would affect power. (Large diameter/Low-rise vs Small Diameter/ Taller elements), even though the cross-section of the filters were the same. They came to the conclusion that the same amount of air was coming in, but that it was straighter and less turbulent, giving the carb a more consistent density of air to work with. The same might be true for the venturi add-on....?

I remember when the Kawasaki ZX11 came out, people were debating on whether ram-air made a difference on a bike capable of >160mph!

Now that I mentioned the ZX11.... I wonder how much one of those would go for, if any exist?

Last edited:
There are many of us whom do 50 mph with stock setups
And i am one of them...on the maiden drive of my present Zeda 80 build i had it to 47 MPH with a little throttle left over...i just ride around at 30 to 35 MPH...its just a bicycle you have to remember...The only modification i made was to throw out the stock air filter and replace it with this one from sick bike parts...A direct fit with no adaptations involved on stock NT carby...DAMIEN

To me it dont matter how or why it works. The point of a mod is to gain performance and Thats what has happened in my case so i think were gonna keep it. Yall can continue to figure it out if you like. Just thought id share my experiment. Didnt know my girlfriend would be in here. Nag

Yes that maybe but im a crisp 220lbs for my fat @$$ to 50mph you dang sure know what your doin
My bike weighs 80 pounds and im 217 pounds, im 66 years old and my fat a** is doing this...Whats your point...lol...Didn't you see my pic with my bike...lol...There is no "skinny" lightweight, teenager here...lol...DAMIEN

IMG_0352.jpg
IMG_0348.jpg
IMG_0353.jpg

Last edited:
it dont matter how or why it works.
Knowing how and why it works is exactly the reason why im able to do this, Without Any Major Modifications...its all in the motor chosen, (Zeda 80 W/ ceramic lined cylinder), as well as how to tune the carby, that also means air flow with the type of air filter chosen, and the right spark plug brand, (NGK B6HS) gapped at 25 thousandth's...DAMIEN

Ps...And of course building it "right" the first time to begin with...lol.
I was also not only a retired Police LT. from Mass., but also was an ASE Master Certified automotive mechanic for my last 21 work years, until my full retirement 10 years ago...So i DO have the know how to build a bike with a motor strapped to it and get the most from a stock setup without mostly expensive, unnecessary, major modifications, with very little bang for the buck, than what you can already get from a properly built stock setup...lol.

Last edited:
Who cares why?
And when it doesnt work ???...Who does it hurt ???,

Those who are on a budget and/or retired on fixed incomes, working guys with families to support etc...THATS who cares.

These folks need to get the most they can out of these with the least amount spent and most of these folks can only deal with stock setups, due to prices of new parts modifications, lack of know how, and thinking these mods are going to turn their bike into a rocket ship etc.,unreasonable expectations with damn too little return for there money, (bang for the buck)...lol.

So Yup...the "Who" you refer to are the ones who DO care, and from what im reading in the forums, They are the "rule", not the "exception to the rule" thereof...lol...DAMIEN

Last edited:
To me it dont matter how or why it works. The point of a mod is to gain performance and Thats what has happened in my case so i think were gonna keep it. Yall can continue to figure it out if you like. Just thought id share my experiment. Didnt know my girlfriend would be in here. Nag
There is nothing to figure out, the facts speak volumes literally. Real information is what helps others to achieve their goals, For you or anyone to come on here and tell us something that is NOT true helps no one! Sorry your not well enough informed or educated on this subject but the facts are proven and have been known for quite some time now, I'm glad you like your setup as that's all that really matters, I just can't let a myth get posted to have the unknowing be fooled by BS.

Back