Ram air does indeed effect pressure inside the case and contributes to top speed.

My guess is. If the ram air doesn't increase case pressure then it must maintain case pressure like that of a Reed valve. The force of the air isn't allowing for a back charge or fuel mixture to be spit back out the carb. It's maintaining pressure going in

My guess is. If the ram air doesn't increase case pressure then it must maintain case pressure like that of a Reed valve. The force of the air isn't allowing for a back charge or fuel mixture to be spit back out the carb. It's maintaining pressure going in
Its catching the reversion pulse and richening the mixture.

You need to watch the 2 stroke animation I posted, get a better understanding of how it works! Then look up how a venturi works, Then maybe you should try to understand the physic's involved because the size of air scoop required to actually do anything would NOT fit on your bike! As I said before your not reinventing the wheel here or doing anything that hasn't been done and tested all ready by the worlds top engineers on a DYNO, if it worked all the manufactures would be doing it, it's pretty easy to understand they do what works and disregard what doesn't and it doesn't take a degree to understand that!

Its catching the reversion pulse and richening the mixture.
The reversion is a slap back from inertia and the port or reed is closed at this point, it can't enrichen the a/f mixture that was just pulled into the case, then as the reversion is put into atmospheric pressure it goes dormant/neutral dispersed into open air and lost. If you were to trap it in the intake track proper jetting would be next to impossible to attain.

The reversion is a slap back from inertia and the port or reed is closed at this point, it can't enrichen the a/f mixture that was just pulled into the case, then as the reversion is put into atmospheric pressure it goes dormant/neutral dispersed into open air and lost. If you were to trap it in the intake track proper jetting would be next to impossible to a
When the reversion pulse is spit from the carb into the filter and some into the atmosphere, a tiny amount of it is lost, when it is pulled back through the venturi it is shot up with more fuel, enriching it. This is one reason why you have to up jet when going from piston port to reed. I'm saying it maybe catching some of that, meaning he is running lean to begin with.

When the reversion pulse is spit from the carb into the filter and some into the atmosphere, a tiny amount of it is lost, when it is pulled back through the venturi it is shot up with more fuel, enriching it. This is one reason why you have to up jet when going from piston port to reed. I'm saying it maybe catching some of that, meaning he is running lean to begin with.
Watch the animation, that's not how it works. http://2strokeengine.net/2strokeenginepics/two-stroke_c.gif

Have you watched the animation lol? That's pretty much how it looks like it works...
look guys, yes it does cross over twice, all N/A engines have a reversion pulse. its the whole reason the intake makes a difference when lengthened. I know exactly what it looks like. I have friends with slomo cams. Seen it first hand. you can easily look up slow motion of intakes sucking and puffing. we dont have turbos on out bikes or super chargers, well most of us aren't tht crazy. Buy a slomo cam and tell me the carbs dont spit puffs of gas out, why you think the filter gets all oily?......

best way to see it, get a buddy with a nice big block double pumper carb and a shortie intake. slow mo that sucker with the air fliter housing off. boof boof boof booofff, faster it revs, thicker its gets, so freaking sweet.

also im not saying a ram air works on our bikes. lol. im saying his sounds like it is helping fix a problem of him running lean. well ok a ram air might wrok if you gear to the moon and run down a mountain to get to 45 before you dump the clutch. lol. other than that, for our use they are worthless if your bike is tuned correctly.

Last edited:
Back