Ram air does indeed effect pressure inside the case and contributes to top speed.

Jayraye39

Local time
7:45 PM
I recently fabricated a fairly effective ram air intake manifold for my boardtracker. When I bolt on my all alumin. 4 tube ram air, my top speed is about 2.5mph faster than a normal cone filter. Doesnt do much for most of the power range but when on the pipe and WOT. It s**ts and gets

Attachments

• 20210718_175834.jpg
    20210718_175834.jpg
    491.5 KB · Views: 283
If your top speed was 60 or more then it might work a bit, but below that it doesn't do anything! The 2 stroke engines intake is not a constant it's pulsed and has reversion waves that slap back and forth between pulses, if ram air was viable on a 2 stroke then all the manufactures, racers, and tuners would use it, that said there are many documented tests that prove and disprove ram air's functionality when it comes to the 2 stroke engine online for you to read up on.

Dont need a scientific expl On if it works im an engineer and a master metal fabricator. I build it and test it. Read what you want my man but my bike seems to love it.
I'll just leave this here, by the way real engineer's with multi million dollar budgets and dyno's that the industry standards are set by proved this long ago! For all those willing to learn look up how a 2 stroke works and it's cycles, the intake is not constant it's a pulse and it stops for a moment after it enters the case then has to be pumped up the transfers on the down stroke, while the fresh charge sits suspended in the case there is no direct path of the intake to aid in over filling the cylinder it relies on the pumping pressure created by the down stroke and the timing ( mechanical) which is after the intake period which is also timed.
This topic has been covered here many times also, and again by some actual engineer's whom know what they are talking about.

Last edited:
Then can u then explain my almost 3 mph increase everytime i put the intake on. 2.5 mph on the top end of these motors is alot.?????
All you did was create a better venturi effect, and hate to brake it to you but There are many of us whom do 50 mph with stock setups, so for you to do 50 with mods is just every day example of those trying to figure these out.

Back