Ram-Air intake.

I'm thinking tig up some alumunim

I think you may be onto something there, old boy!

Maybe this is insane, but what if you then took a
small computer CPU cooling fan (high output, 6v!)
and hooked it up within the ram air scoop?

Forced air injection! :devilish:

Well my plan is all about headwinds and the headwinds forcing high amounts of air in there.

The cpu fan would not add enough air pressure to really do anything. I think to really do anything you need at least .5 bar.

I like that. I had a similar idea of "chutes" for cooling the cylinder, I may get some kind of fan set up later.

Well when I got my plan and will get it completed once I have this tested :) I have a reason also for it. I am going to be building a frame around the bike (Tired of burning my legs) But to do so I will require proper ventilation. The idea behind the ram-air intake is that it will allow me to run not only cool air to the carb but as well will allow me to run air ducts over the motor.

I plan on doing this modify the seat to be more comfortable as in larger. Think something like this :D

1282_M79248_1.jpg

I also have plans to install fold up footpegs so I can relax. I am sure I will need a wider crank to do what I want but my plan is to have the seat far enough back that I can stand u to pedal and sit down and have my feet on pegs.

Pegs something like this but I hope to not have to spend this much :eek:

http://www.jpcycles.com/productdeta...E-417B-B087-9435339B55F5&store=&page=&search=

It is all part of a larger plan that I have in mind.

ebay# 320123949617 might even be really fun :) not too large not too small.

Yeah I am crazy but it will look awesome :devilish: :devilish:

Factor in the trike conversion I am going to do and this is going to be one insane bike no matter if its too heavy to be useful it will look cool :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

And I doubt all that will change the legal status of the bike either as it will be a bicycle right?

Standard Issue said:
I'm thinking tig up some alumunim

I think you may be onto something there, old boy!

Maybe this is insane, but what if you then took a
small computer CPU cooling fan (high output, 6v!)
and hooked it up within the ram air scoop?

Forced air injection! :devilish:

Yes, I mean about the insane part. ;) No, it won't work.

higher

Everone knows that forced induction works better at high attitude, it compensates for the air being less dense.

I tried "turbo charging" my two stroke mini bike with a tube comming off of the cooling fan shroud. the low end was great but the faster it went the leaner the mixture got. til it just wouldn't go any faster. I think in the carburetor it pressurized the whole venturi and just didn't let the fuel come up the jet. (no more low pressure over the jet) it my have also started to hold open the reeds.
Bob

Need to move massive air volume for little or nothing?....If you have a gas powered leaf blower you'd be in business....can even sync the throttle of the leaf blower to match engine requirements with a little tinkering....maybe duct a portion of the air off the blower to pressurize the fuel tank to reduce lean out conditions?
Andrew

Pressurizing the fuel tank would have no effect. When the float bowl is full it's full regardless of fuel pressure.

You would have to build a pressure vessel around the entire carb to see any real benefit (like a blow-through supercharger).

Back