Ram air vs rejetting carb

No? I have experimented with different length and shaped velocity stacks mounted to the ends of my old twin Weber carbs and multi-throttlebodies, in these cases, different shaped funnels were the only variables AND they produced different torque curves on the dyno. I go by my 25+ years experience in blueprinting and tuning engines and the results speak for themselves. If you really want, I can provide you with university text references in this field to support what I'm saying.
That all sounds like some 4 wheel 4 stroke stuff. 2ts are different.

No? I have experimented with different length and shaped velocity stacks mounted to the ends of my old twin Weber carbs and multi-throttlebodies, in these cases, different shaped funnels were the only variables AND they produced different torque curves on the dyno. I go by my 25+ years experience in blueprinting and tuning engines and the results speak for themselves. If you really want, I can provide you with university text references in this field to support what I'm saying.
We are talking about a 2 strokes here, totally different than a 4 stroke. I have been building engines for over 40 years with 5 national titles, two speed records that held for over a decade, two world class podium's and so many series high point wins I can't even remember the number!
There is NO text that supports what your saying when it comes to a 2 stroke and how do you achieve the air speed on a dyno when this is the standard, At what speed does ram air work?
For ballpark tuning considerations for ram air, we use a 200 mph standard. At that speed with no head or tail wind, the air pressure increase into a forward facing scoop or fuel injection hat is 2 psi of pressure and 4 inches of mercury.
Not even a four stroke benefits that much from ram air and tuned tracks with an air box!

Back