Carby Ram Air??

CrispyLeaves98

Local time
7:40 AM
I got the NT for my yd100 running way freaking better than HP and don't say you told me so in the comments I was only using hp cause I had it laying around and couldn't afford NT at the time. It runs awesome with a fatter jet then the HP. My question:

When I'm riding with my 32T, it gets to pretty high revs, but no where near as high as revs with my 49cc and NT carb. I was thinking to myself, what if not enough air is getting to the engine to let it rev faster? Cause I see people put in those fat dirt bike carbys, so I drilled a hole in the air filter, better performance but only by 1 or 2 mph. So how would I go about setting up a ram Air? What pipe size would I need, how much would it be, and how do I hook it up? There is barley any clearance with my intake, I do have a slanted intake but people say using one of those harms performance? I'm not to sure about that but hey ya never know. So how would I go about setting up a ram Air ignoring clearance issues? Thank you so much. Also, would it be possible to get some hose slightly large then the air intake hole, put it over and fasten it somehow, then have that hose go into a funnel? Would that work as a ram Air? Idk I'm just curious

Just get one of those little K&N style filters and be done with it. I often cut the top two corners of the stock filter housing. They cut pretty easy with a utility knife.

Just get one of those little K&N style filters and be done with it. I often cut the top two corners of the stock filter housing. They cut pretty easy with a utility knife.
wouldnt the filter add less air then with no filter? Im thinking the reason i cant go fast is not enough air, i did finally tune it good i know its not tuning i just think NT is too small for the 100

wouldnt the filter add less air then with no filter? Im thinking the reason i cant go fast is not enough air, i did finally tune it good i know its not tuning i just think NT is too small for the 100
I haven't noticed any power difference with a filter or without. There's lots of dirt/dust that gets sucked in the carb. I ran it without a filter for a little while and the carb kept getting clogged literally within a couple hours.

I got the NT for my yd100 running way freaking better than HP and don't say you told me so in the comments I was only using hp cause I had it laying around and couldn't afford NT at the time. It runs awesome with a fatter jet then the HP. My question:

When I'm riding with my 32T, it gets to pretty high revs, but no where near as high as revs with my 49cc and NT carb. I was thinking to myself, what if not enough air is getting to the engine to let it rev faster? Cause I see people put in those fat dirt bike carbys, so I drilled a hole in the air filter, better performance but only by 1 or 2 mph. So how would I go about setting up a ram Air? What pipe size would I need, how much would it be, and how do I hook it up? There is barley any clearance with my intake, I do have a slanted intake but people say using one of those harms performance? I'm not to sure about that but hey ya never know. So how would I go about setting up a ram Air ignoring clearance issues? Thank you so much. Also, would it be possible to get some hose slightly large then the air intake hole, put it over and fasten it somehow, then have that hose go into a funnel? Would that work as a ram Air? Idk I'm just curious
You can only get just so much air in the engine, regardless of how much you want in there's these are 2 to 5 hp at best. After that they get worn out way to fast. Ram air will do nothing unless you have a bathtub sized flute/horn and you are going 75 mph. Even then it ain't going to help much with this tiny engine. Just get a free flowing filter like the other guy suggested. 66cc isn't good for a lot of ponies unless you are willing to drop a few grand to make it produce the ponies. Check out that corn starch muffin stuffing guy on YouTube if you wanna make some real power. Or just ask the racers here, and follow what they say to a T. They will have you making ponies.

Mines not a racing bike, but I almost doubled the power of mine by having bigger ports and modifying an expansion pipe to fit my build. A bigger carb would help too but I wouldn't buy one made for these bikes. I heard good things from chainsaw carbs and dirt bike carbs.

Back