Fuel Mixture Ran a whole tank of gas with practically no oil by mistake!

I'm mixing it 20:1 now, before I was doing nearly 40:1. Running fine but the head is really loud. Like louder than the muffler, which is a paint can.

Really loud?

Really loud, as like a 4-stroke car engine that has spun a big end bearing - are we talking "that kind" of "loud"

or

are we talking "loud" like a turbo charged engine that has bent connecting rods from 38 PSI of boost.

In both cases, you can still keep on driving the car if keeping an eye on the oil level and turning up the radio volume.

OOPS Im replying to my threads.. must be those china girls.. too bad they dont know anything about 2 cycle engines except how to ride one.. Maybe their didldos have an 80cc fake engine n it?? My Bad.. Just sayin

when you say the pistons melt down,

do you mean a Fukushima meltdown; corium style where the cylinder head rapidly moves in opposite direction to the white hot piston as it flows out the exhaust port,

or

do you mean like a Chernobyl meltdown where the bike is only partially incinerated, but the wheels still keep on turning.

If the head is super loud, maybe the piston rings made a ridge of aluminum in the top of the cylinder wall that the piston taps every time it goes up. I'd check out the cylinder before the engine gets too messed up and see if that's the problem. You can just scotch-brite it off or use oven cleaner, which eats away at aluminum. Just wash it all off within 15 minutes so it doesn't cause any damage. But I think your engine will be fine. I've run a leaf blower engine with literally no compression, and what I originally thought was a bit of compression was just the magnet on the flywheel passing over the magneto.

Still running pretty good. It has great compression, just loud. It was leaking around the spark plug so I put a bit of teflon tape around it. There's also a part of the head along the gasket that looks warped but it's not leaking even though it kind of looks like it should leak. I'm wondering if I should stay at 20:1 or go back to 30 or 40:1.

Back