Ran over a claw of some sort & C02 easy-fills

INTP_ty

Local time
5:21 AM
Today I went riding around in the woods & when I came home, I noticed an animal claw was stuck in my tire. It didn’t look like a turkey spur. Probs from a bird of some sort. Anyway, I’m patching the tube but what should I do about the tire?

And you rode cyclists, do you carry those C02 cartridges or a pump?

You still have to carry the pump anyway (and a spare inner tube) so I don't see the point.

That is so weird. Is it definitely not from a cat? Are you parking your bike outside?

You still have to carry the pump anyway (and a spare inner tube) so I don't see the point.

That is so weird. Is it definitely not from a cat? Are you parking your bike outside?

It is my understanding that those C02 things are lighter (ca carrying a pump). But you’ll have to refill the tire when you get home with regular air.

Nah it was straight. I fed picked it up in the woods. And yeah but Chester (barn cat) ha been pretty good over the years with the bikes outside

I would just stick to a regular handpump, especially if you are riding with a motor anyway. My main train of thought is that if you have to fill again because of an unseen object that causes another flat and you patch a tube you may end up running out of canisters, or you may end up discharging one by mistake while assembling the pump, again leaving you possibly short on air.

You need to make sure you get the bead right the first time too, if you slip and the tube inflates with the tire off the rim you have to reset, depleting your co2 supply as well. You can fill tires that are leaking slowly for a journey home indefinitely with a hand pump. You can also help an indefinite number of people with their tires without feeling like you are wasting a resource that's better saved untill later. You also don't have to inflate with normal air later.

I think the extra few grams are worth it.

Back