Random spark plug performs really good

Ahmet

Local time
3:52 PM
I have an 80(66)cc 2 stroke chinese non brand engine.
Hello guys, 2 weeks ago i decided to buy a random spark plug. Bp5hs was fouling out real quick. I am using this champion (don't remember the code of item) for 2 weeks no problem but with a real good performance. I remember a man saying stay away from champion, i used champion before bp5hs that was a spark plug for renault car. But this time i went to an agricultural equipment dealer and i asked for a 2 stroke short thread spark plug. He gave me one i checked it but that was too short. He gave me another one, that was that the best plug i had! What do you think? Does it really matter if spark plug is made for 4-stroke or 2-stroke?

Buying a random S/P without understanding it's heat range is a bad idea. What plug ya got # please. Maybe ya got lucky
The lower the number on the S/P the hotter it is.
Heat range is important. 66/80cc should be using a NGK BP6HS
If your S/P is fouling out real quick it's not the S/Ps fault.
The difference between 2 stroke and 4 stroke plugs is what the engine manufacture recommends.
In your case, If ya start to hear a knock and ping you got a S/P with too hot a heat range

Knock - Fuel air mix igniting before spark
Ping - Spark igniting whatever fuel is unburnt

Knock and ping can also be caused by, using the wrong octane fuel. Or a carbon build up in the combustion chamber.

Last edited:
Yeah i know what you are saying. But i feel i found that special one for winter. You mean pre detonation? It happens when spark plug electrode reaches 800°C, i remember.
Please correct me if I'm wrong.
Well i forgot its code, i will check tomorrow.

A special S/P for winter probably means it has a hotter heat range #5

I understand what ya mean saying Pre Detonation, but actually Pre Detonation is not the term it's Pre Ignition

1) Pre ignition - Air fuel mix igniting before spark
2) Ignition - Normal spark and combustion
3) Detonation - Occurs after (ignition) normal spark and combustion. Heat and pressure reignites whatever fuel is left over from initial combustion.

So using the term Pre Detonation is kinda confusing because (ignition) normal spark and compression is not called detonation.
But IDK maybe that's what you and yours have always called it (y)

Back