Rare Whizzer Service Pick Up?

H

HoughMade

http://cgi.ebay.com/Whizzer-Service...in_0?hash=item4ceb1f80ce&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

I am no Whizzer expert, but I have never heard of this. Here are some quotes from the listing:

You are looking at a Whizzer Service Pickup.It is the Rarest Whizzers out there. They only made a hand full of these back in the 1950's

When I bought the chassis I thought I was buying a Whizzer Sportsman with a homemade rack on the back but later found out it was a factory built purpose built Whizzer from the factory for service station mechanics. Value on this bike 1 1/2 years ago would have been $6,000 to $12,000 depending on condition and accessory's included. I figure base value is $2000 for the rolling chassis and Kick Start engines when you can locate them are worth in the $1500 range. The real bonus is that I purchased a Title and Kick Start case with matching numbers a couple years back from Pennsylvania and since this style Whizzer has no pedals it is considered a MotorCycle rather than a Moped in the DMV's eye.

So- is this guy realistic at over $3500?????

Last edited by a moderator:
Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
...and the bags don't look right. A little Googling has shown other "Service Pick Ups", but all with rectangular metal boxes like in the ad in the eBay listing. Could these be original? Like I said, I don't know, but $2500 for essentially a frame may be worth it, but with something rare, the les original it is, the less value.

As with anything for sale, it is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. The Whizzer service pickup is probably the most rare of any. I have only seen a couple. The bags on it are not original. They are like the ones in the ad. The asking price may seem a little high but is probably reasonable due to the rarity of it.

Hi everyone,

The Whizzer service pickup was a very limited model and rumors have approx 6 produced.

They are easily spotted by the welded bracket for the tool boxes [similar to saddle bags].

The service pickup was designed for automotive dealerships and didn't catch on.

There is a Whizzer more rare than the service pickup and was a proto-type 20" based on the "stingray" bike, and as far as I know was never put into production.

Have fun,

Last edited:
I have read about a 2 speed transmission on the Service Pick Up. Were those used an other models?

Anyone know where I can see a picture of the innards of that transmission?

Hi Houghmade,

The 2 speed Bi-Matic was offered on the Sportsman [20" Kickstart motor], but was soon discontinued because of high failure rates. Today the Bi-Matic is being upgraded & rebuilt by a friend of mine [Terry McAllister] in IL. The original problem centered around the bearings and the seals. Better bearings and better seals are available today to aid in the upgrade process.

I have ridden several Whizzers with the Bi-Matic [including Terry's OHV Whizzer] and they really work nice. You simply let off the throttle and it shifts, and best I remember it can be shifted at approx 15 MPH. I have the original pictures [drawings] of the BI-Matic in my Service manaul, but it isn't high quality printing [it is a copy of the original manual].

The average cost of the vintage unit is around $750.00.

Have fun,

Bi-Matic

Can one purshase the upgraded 2 speed Bi-Matic clutch, and if so, will they work on an NE5?

Back