Rat Rods, friction drive moped kit.

IMG_0924.jpg

20220308_222722.jpg

20220305_155848.jpg

The "clutch arms" are inserted with steel bushings, all 3 points of motion has steel bushing with a little grease, and the bottom a rubber "squeeze " bushing for any slight variation on angle. Making it work out of the box with most bicycle.
I am still using original clutch arms on my kit and they are over a year and a half old with no signs of giving up, the rubber bushing is a 1-2 year replacement and cost .10c

Every detail that is possible to consider h as s been. All 4 pivot points are steel bushings and grease serviceable, all support systems are 1/4 aluminium or 1/8 steel where needed.

All bolt are stainless or grade 5 bolts
Very minimal vibrations, no one has said a word, and by no one I mean two locals I have sold too with no experience in moto bikes.

New update!
20220412_153340.jpg

20220412_153355.jpg

20220412_153313.jpg

20220412_153322.jpg

The Rear engine mount is here!
Still in initial set up phase, I need to order a longer throttle cable, and this is completely unfinished metal.

I used all the same mount components from the front with an additional extension bracket to raise it up.

I have other ideas for the bracket and will do the next update with a finished and complete unit and get a road test in.

New update!
View attachment 171646
View attachment 171647
View attachment 171648
View attachment 171649

The Rear engine mount is here!
Still in initial set up phase, I need to order a longer throttle cable, and this is completely unfinished metal.

I used all the same mount components from the front with an additional extension bracket to raise it up.

I have other ideas for the bracket and will do the next update with a finished and complete unit and get a road test in.
Looks good, I love it! What's going to be asking price of rear setup up with Zenoah engine? I think this will open up new buyers to the rear friction drive setup.

Interesting unit you have there. Is that spring causing enough pressure on the tire to avoid slippage? What lever are you using for the cable to raise and lower the motor and where does it mount? You need to finish the design on this then make a detailed youtube video of it working and all the details. I think you're on to a winner here incorporating Staton plus Dimension edge features. A video will help to sell it over pics. What roller sizes do you offer and are they hardened steel? Are the rollers gnarled or splined? I may be a customer in the future if the video convinces me.

Does a Zenoah use the 76mm clutch a 142f uses or is your unit direct drive/no clutch? If you perfect this, I might be interested in just the kit only. Do you think any issues might prevent a GX50 from being mounted using your kit?

Does a Zenoah use the 76mm clutch a 142f uses or is your unit direct drive/no clutch? If you perfect this, I might be interested in just the kit only. Do you think any issues might prevent a GX50 from being mounted using your kit?
I believe he is using the 54mm clutch on the Zenoah engine, I've been trying to talk him into building a 78mm clutch style friction drive. I think he might be designing 1 or at least knows where to get the parts to build a 78mm clutch version.

Looks good, I love it! What's going to be asking price of rear setup up with Zenoah engine? I think this will open up new buyers to the rear friction drive setup.
The frame its self is a little larger than a front mounted kit, while still using all the same components.

Being that I have no direct supply engine discount and can only build from consumer prices.

A full 29cc Zenoah 3.5HP with 1.5L tank ready to bolt on kit would be placed around 500, engine alone is 240.

I can do 23cc zenoah for around 400, these make pretty nice power aswell. Engine is considerably cheaper and old new stock. I have sold 1, and use 1 my partners build and I have one I am doing a power build with.

Interesting unit you have there. Is that spring causing enough pressure on the tire to avoid slippage? What lever are you using for the cable to raise and lower the motor and where does it mount? You need to finish the design on this then make a detailed youtube video of it working and all the details. I think you're on to a winner here incorporating Staton plus Dimension edge features. A video will help to sell it over pics. What roller sizes do you offer and are they hardened steel? Are the rollers gnarled or splined? I may be a customer in the future if the video convinces me.
A. Yes the spring does cause enough pressure. A few different positions for upper spring mount seen here:
20220412_183553.jpg

This allows the intensity of applying spring load to the arms more or less depending on what is needed, if more deflection is needed then move it forward as seen, if less is desired move to a rear position.
20220412_183652.jpg

This is the main adjustment, usually running it so its happy in the middle but if more pressure is needed for wind, or hills you can adjust it no problem.

B. This is the lever is use:

IMG_0934.jpg

The pro max has 10mm adjustable barrel that is sturdy, left hand mounted ONLY. Twice as expensive as others, but is the best quality of this design.

Pulling the lever is easy, only complaint I've gotten is it's to big for small people hands.

C. I like the Stanton stuff but I really don't want too use his stuff and resale, my kits currently use goped aftermarket components, which are fine. But I'd like to make wider spindles, in my own design.

I plan on having my own spindles being milled by next Christmas. At which point I will have a 4stroke design in the works aswell.

I can offer hardened spindle, in various sizes but nothing over .900" as these engines wind up higher than 13,000 rpms.
Average is 25, 35 is achieved. Both gnarled or splines or wet weather spindle.

I offer nothing in 76mm clutch, only 54mm as of right now.

ALL MY KITS THAT RUN 23CC-36CC ENGINES CAN BE EITHER CENTRIFUGAL(54) OR DIRECT DRIVE.

I always update the first page of this thread which has quite a bit of info.

😃

I'll make note of it again, prices are on the front page, and anyone interested can EMAIL me @ ratrodzmopeds@outlook.com

These kits ARE BUILT TO ORDER as of right now, and I leave on vacation this weekend for a couple weeks, I will still be in communication just no in house production till the 1st of may!
Thanks everyone
20220223_162540.jpg

Update:
Have had the idea, nothing super fancy but it does the job of deflecting that dirt, mud and water!
Super quick project, another ford color to add to the kit.

Aluminium, simply slides in and slips over the frame spacers. Nice and tight, no wiggle.
20220415_131657.jpg

Attachments

• 20220415_131648.jpg
    20220415_131648.jpg
    166 KB · Views: 79
Back