Rat Rods, friction drive moped kit.

I do think, diesel tech. That you can get a gx25 Honda engine to use with the drum part of that ADA kit above, with a little larger and redesigned engine frame mount. I don't think the one I design is quite big enough to bolt it directly, but I could probably fasten an aluminum adapter plate..

Ya got me thinking!

I do think, diesel tech. That you can get a gx25 Honda engine to use with the drum part of that ADA kit above, with a little larger and redesigned engine frame mount. I don't think the one I design is quite big enough to bolt it directly, but I could probably fasten an aluminum adapter plate..

Ya got me thinking!
I got a honda gx35 is why I'm asking, & it suprising uses a 78mm clutch. That's why I been picking your brain.

I think, .. I think. With these two items.. and bearing it is possible. Some spacers, engine frame for size. I just don't have one.

The issue is a spindle to accommodate the clutch drum.
Maybe stanton inc is worth asking about getting a spindle with 8mmx1.25 threads.

MY only concern is that those threads might be just to small for good structural integrity.

I haven't gotten this far into it with the centrifugal clutch, and the 4 stroke market.
It kills me, 2 stroke can be loud, but the power is ruthless. (My zenoah starts in 24 degrees Fahrenheit, no issues.)
4 stroke has advantages besides being a little quieter..The craftsmanship is superb.

I'm gunna put some thoughts into it. Essentially a couple bearing mounts, as I'm not a fan of press fit or loose bearings. Could make easy work, but the bigger the engine, the larger this gets.

Its a primary reason for my kit design, it is all weight and size. But man that gx25 sounds like a fun little ride!

I think, .. I think. With these two items.. and bearing it is possible. Some spacers, engine frame for size. I just don't have one.

The issue is a spindle to accommodate the clutch drum.
Maybe stanton inc is worth asking about getting a spindle with 8mmx1.25 threads.

MY only concern is that those threads might be just to small for good structural integrity.

I haven't gotten this far into it with the centrifugal clutch, and the 4 stroke market.
It kills me, 2 stroke can be loud, but the power is ruthless. (My zenoah starts in 24 degrees Fahrenheit, no issues.)
4 stroke has advantages besides being a little quieter..The craftsmanship is superb.

I'm gunna put some thoughts into it. Essentially a couple bearing mounts, as I'm not a fan of press fit or loose bearings. Could make easy work, but the bigger the engine, the larger this gets.

Its a primary reason for my kit design, it is all weight and size. But man that gx25 sounds like a fun little ride!
I'll have to study your kit some more, I'd like to use it on the rear of bike with the gx35. I image 2 them 2 strokes are cheaper to buy than the hondas. I recently have learned the raw power these little 2 stroke make. I'll check out the links you sent.

I'll have to study your kit some more, I'd like to use it on the rear of bike with the gx35. I image 2 them 2 strokes are cheaper to buy than the hondas. I recently have learned the raw power these little 2 stroke make. I'll check out the links you sent.
Granted, a new zenoah 29cc runs about 240, still about 30 less than a gx35.

I'm not sure of size/weight, road conditions and terrain you have. But it's quite possible, that if you are looking for a assist more than pedal motorcycle a 23cc may just do the trick. I was impressed with the out put power of a chinese 23cc before I blew the cylinder clean. A Japanese original would surely do better.

Where is that company located that sells them clutch parts, that's nice stuff!!! My gx35 is kinda setup like that now, but that stuff you linked me to is way cooler. I got it on a bike now with a belt drive from GEBE.

Where is that company located that sells them clutch parts, that's nice stuff!!! My gx35 is kinda setup like that now, but that stuff you linked me to is way cooler. I got it on a bike now with a belt drive from GEBE.
Dave's discount is out of Utah, sourcing goped parts from all over.

It really does surprise me that not more people utilize this market for custom builds.

Dave's discount is out of Utah, sourcing goped parts from all over.

It really does surprise me that not more people utilize this market for custom builds.
Yeah I'll check the site out a little more, that clutch bell is wicked! That clutch housing you linked me 2, does that use 1 or 2 bearings in the clutch housing?

Yeah I'll check the site out a little more, that clutch bell is wicked! That clutch housing you linked me 2, does that use 1 or 2 bearings in the clutch housing?
From what I understand, its only 1 bearing. The 54mm uses two though.

Back