Rat Rods, friction drive moped kit.

20220124_113956.jpg
20220124_114013.jpg
20220124_114026.jpg

Customer build, $500, bike and all.
Revolutions cruiser, w/ repaint.
New, bell flat defense. These threads are nice and thick!
New saddle, just a cheaper spring seat from the internet that matched well.
Need to pick up heavy duty chain.

This was a fun build, and some more mods later down the road, new forks for front brake application, fenders, air intake, etc.

On to the next one!

Updated the original post, anyone looking for prices can find em there and if you have questions please private message me or just post up! Here comes spring!

It just kind of dawned on me. My original idea was a lot more involved. I went and got the parts and pieces to create my vision and ended up making a u bracket.

I still have a few changes I may make to some design features, but nothing that doesn't make it cross compatible with my design.

For now, here is some pictures, finally snapped some of the complete kit in its entirety, minus a brake adapter bracket, and the bottom brackets.
View attachment 164428
This is a current build for a customer in town. It has the stock 29cc high flow muffler from a newer zenoah, we are gunna do a carb swap and a high flow airfilter down the road and see how much more power these little G2D's can juice!
View attachment 164429
I am thinking aswell, I am not super stoked on this new batch of clutch levers I got in, cheap crap. First few I ordered are fine, but these ones are loose and flimsy.

Thinking of having and option available for ordering with a mx128 dia comp set(LH/RH, would be an extra 25)

I have one on the way to check out, but the price seems right and with both sides people can match them and get a parking brake feature.

Downside is using a cable splitter for dual brakes.View attachment 164431
Getting ready for the next season, it seems spring will be unusually early, bad for lots of reasons, good for motor biking!
Cheers!
sir, you do very nice work

I appreciate it a lot!
I am really enjoying these builds, I completed this recent bike with a white HD chain and it really flows with the white on black on red color patterns.

Took it for a spin, feels great. But the non adjustable carburetor on the g2d might have factory set for lower altitude. (I'm around 4000) So I have swapped in a wt668 copy and this thing is cranking now!

No Major modifications except I made up a spacer between the carb and filter for clearance issues. I will need to re route the kill switch since its mounting hole will need to be removed for linkage clearance.

Worth it for the power, the response is dead on now. Update later with photos.

Update!
The carb checks out for non load range all the way up, but no matter the adjustments made would not allow for the power band to pick up. I've tried a few different carbs all with the same result!

I'll try another carburetor down the road for the g23lh, for now we are dropping spindle size to a more appropriate range for this engine, about .850 or maybe .750 versus 1 inch.

Seemed promising!

Another reason why newer model zenoah are hands down the best! The power is amazing!!

Update!
The carb checks out for non load range all the way up, but no matter the adjustments made would not allow for the power band to pick up. I've tried a few different carbs all with the same result!

I'll try another carburetor down the road for the g23lh, for now we are dropping spindle size to a more appropriate range for this engine, about .850 or maybe .750 versus 1 inch.

Seemed promising!

Another reason why newer model zenoah are hands down the best! The power is amazing!!
Will it start and run fine without a load? Look into the governor connection at the carb. I just fixed a gen with that issue, some clown that was in there before me hooked it up on the wrong side.

I have tried factory settings, and adjusting both 1/16 +/- and it remains the same all around. I was thinking it may have been a vacuum pump issue but everything lines up just fine.

They made a carburetor for the G23LH series that will also fit the G2D99 with an adjustable mixture screw. Seemed to have all around excellent reviews so I ordered one. So I'll see if it's just simply a capability issue.
And I'm gunna check on the .850 spindle to see if that's gunna help out, weather is nice enough for it.

Just to note, I just haven't experienced this result with any other motor or bike. I'm a little perplexed and eager to solve the case!

UPDATE:

Threw an .850 spindle on and it made quite a bit of difference as far as the response and acceleration, being such a tiny engine, a slightly smaller spindle would gain a better torque ratio to lessen the pedal assit "up" until it reaches that heathly power band range.
Throwing a .750 spindle on with this, still good 20+mph on the top end and enough torque for adding those groceries and fighting the wind

The high flow muffler breathes well and delivers. Love the low tone on idle

20220204_171535.jpg
20220204_171439.jpg

New adjustable, barrel style carburetor. (That hole is for adjustment access)
No choke(waiting on stack choke)

It's been wet and icy so no road test, but adjustments made on the idle and it seems promising. Has a good sound with that can on the front.

Back