Rat Rods, friction drive moped kit.

20220210_083757.jpg

Honestly, these zenoah engines are pretty reliable. Not one zenoah has given me any trouble. All summer on a 270, planning on full time run this summer.

It's an interesting thing to me how these small little engines haven't made it to MB scene yet.. yet.

Happy riding!

Attachments

• 20220210_083804.jpg
    20220210_083804.jpg
    269 KB · Views: 87
20220210_085255.jpg

Re gripped an old spi dles and sliced lines in a new one. The grip on the stock spindle is good but prone to wear quick. This should help.

They are my choice for a small displacement FD but just out of my price range. I believe a builder called Lowracer
used them 10+? years back with great success and speed using the larger displacement engines on a front mounted
chain drive.

They are my choice for a small displacement FD but just out of my price range. I believe a builder called Lowracer
used them 10+? years back with great success and speed using the larger displacement engines on a front mounted
chain drive.
Any pictures? Sounds wild

More update:
20220210_110022.jpg

Switched to pro max clutch levers. Way better quality and thicker 10mm barrel adjuster.

I have a rear drive kit using a Staton friction drive and a Honda GX50 engine. It has worked very well for the past couple of years. I also have a Solex 3800 moped, which is basically a factory made front wheel friction drive bicycle, but it has a 220 pound weight limit, and I weigh 240. I would love to have something like this on a high quality bicycle.

Email me if you find yourself interested, I offer a few different power options and set ups, I build to order and work full time so expect a little delay. A couple weeks depending on what you want.
I have put these on quite a few bikes and even cheap huffy, and Kent's seem up to the job and run just fine. My cheap/light 700c retrospect has held up great!

The g2d99 23cc engines are pretty good for a basic get around set up, more of an assit engine. They open up quite a bit with aftermarket carb and exhaust can and become pretty beefy. I'd like to power up one of these, see about a gasket delete and do a tuned pipe kit, cut the fly wheel and drill out a bit.

The 29cc and higher is when you start to get into a "get away" moped. I.e. once that power band picks up it's all power. Obviously friction drive principles still apply, but it's amazing power.

I can do rovan double ring 36cc and do a gasket delete for some crazy power and there is a 45cc they make that I would love to mount up for someone.
A 45cc direct drive would really crank up the volume.
Considering it myself, but wanna make that 23cc power set up first.

And for those curious about the clutching operation, the spring is not hard as one imagines to operate and is totally adjustable, just release a little tension, paired with a little bit lower tire PSI if one finds it difficult to pull the lever.

Locking lever, simply functions as it would on a Pk 80 style kit, but with ABSOLUTELY NO drag on the wheel when clutch is disengaged.

As far as I know no kit offers this function.

Hit me with some Q's

I was looking for something the other day & ran across these, I believe there for the zenoah engine. Thought it might give you a smile & think of a monster build. I imagine with a bigger carb & these 2 parts it might really liven one of the zenoah up a bit.
Screenshot_20220303-192511_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20220303-192358_Chrome.jpg

I have ran a manifold before and it makes these things scream, and currently using a similar filter which certainly helped.

Cannon was sending me some links on pipes. There are so many!

Back