Rat Rods, friction drive moped kit.

Picture of my personal ride. Bike is pretty decent(retrospect), full lights and turn signals. As well as brake light.
20211117_142651.jpg

Recent build for a customer;
Huffy Cranbrook with a ZG29rc engine and 1 liter gas tank. .800 spindle, but is considering a smaller diameter.

20211127_131356.jpg

Attachments

• 20211126_165843.jpg
    20211126_165843.jpg
    151.3 KB · Views: 169
Pleased to announce that i have complete, ready to bolt on kits with new additions!
20211208_183319.jpg

All complete kits are now equipped with 1.5 liter Racing Dynamics gas tanks with billet caps and breathers. Better quality plastic, and .5L more for no additional cost! (Blue, red, silver, black cap options available most times!)

I have 23cc g2d99 engines, new old stock. Very nice shape and very excited to see these classic engines. Very new, very clean!
20211208_162351.jpg

I will be making a post later on, about how I am coating my spindles with corundum rock.
I am 100% satisfied with the results, that they will come standard with these kits I am building, with a return program for spindle replacement!

All kits in the m2 design (up to 2" tire widths) are now using 3rd bearing support, unless requested. 15mmx35mmx11mm bearings.

I am no longer going to offer the m1 design, for smaller width tires. The m2 is the standard now, with the m3 for bigger widths.

A kit now, M2 with a g2d99 23cc engine, 1.5L gas tank, and a custom corundum spindle with a high speed support bearing will run $360+shipping.

From now, until Christmas, I would like to offer this kit at $330+s.

It is complete with engine, throttle, clutch lever and gas tank. Ready to bolt on that cruiser in the shed, or on the back of a mountain bike.
I can paint the frames and match your bicycle (close)as well for $5!

Happy holidays!

Attachments

• 20211126_172728.jpg
    20211126_172728.jpg
    244.9 KB · Views: 135
What type of centrifugal clutch does that kit use? Like a 78mm clutch or is the spindle direct drive off of engine?

If it's direct drive you should be able to start it easily by pedaling a few feet, nice feature.

What type of centrifugal clutch does that kit use? Like a 78mm clutch or is the spindle direct drive off of engine?
The kit can use the ADA brand 54mm centrifugal clutch kit, or just run off a direct spindle drive. Thanks for all the "likes" and questions, keep em coming!

If it's direct drive you should be able to start it easily by pedaling a few feet, nice feature.
Yes, exactly. With the corundum spindle this is made easy in wet weather conditions as well!

The thing I've noticed from these wide power band, small time cc engines is there is a great benefit to having a torque spindle (let's say,7/8). take off, less pedal energy on building speed to the power band, and it's a comfortable cruiser at 18-20mph, but the band is so wide (18,000rpm, up to) you can hit high 20s into 30+ on the same spindle.
(Granted it's my unmodified f270 zenoah)

I have a lot of head wind in my town, and a torque spindle with a wide band works amazing.

I haven't gotten one in yet. After Christmas I am going to set one up with the centrifugal clutch.

I haven't gotten one in yet. After Christmas I am going to set one up with the centrifugal clutch.

Do they make anything like that for the 78mm clutch that's used on the honda & the huasheng engines.

Do they make anything like that for the 78mm clutch that's used on the honda & the huasheng engines.
Unfortunately, from what I have seen no. Small 2 stroke is most popular with the goped style scooters. I have only ever seen evidence of a couple DIY 4 strokes.

Back