Rat Rods, friction drive moped kit.

The Solexes are a hoot! Need to get mine finished. FDs are so pleasant to use, quiet and smooth. Everybody needs at least one. Im really liking the development of this Zenoah unit!

Was out on the Solo powered Bayside, 29.9 MPH, the roller was slipping a little in wet spots , but not bad. It will cruise leisurely at about 20MPH. I did notice if you run it hard it will drink the fuel down, the plastic tank looks like it only holds a 1/5 gallon or so. On a warmer dry day, this set-up may have 35 MPH in it ( I wont use it for that), but it shows the power these FD's cab create.

Attachments

• FDSPEED.jpg
    FDSPEED.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 124
  • SOLOSPEED.jpg
    SOLOSPEED.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 125
I had a mid frame. It's a lot of fun, but a lot of money and work. Wanted something easy to maintain, but honestly not interested in most FD kits. I got a Sears bike bug new in box and fell in love, stylish and very reliable. But hard to find parts for.

So I made my own, liked it so much i decided too go to the public with it.
More pictures and what notes soon, video will have to wait until the snow melts.. March? Lol sorry my man.

Thanks for all the kind words and comments. This forum IS the best.

How large is the fuel tank? Thats a downside to running a trimmer tank not a lot of range. Went on a 10mi roundabout
the other day and used 2/3 of a tank. Hence the on board fuel bottle.

This is what comes on my kit right now.
Should be easy to measure mounting holes on the other side of YOUR kit, opposite of engine. I use 6mm t nuts to secure the nut end of the bolt. Let me know if you have questions.

1.5 liters!

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Been busy at the press when I can get the time, cutting up more frames
20220104_100545.jpg

Also putting my personal unit on the new frame style and primed the frames.
20220105_111517.jpg

Updated prices and available units in original post as well.

Fired up he g2d99 and I cannot believe how quiet it is!

20220112_142530.jpg
20220112_142437.jpg
20220112_142443.jpg

Common color scheme I can roll out. This unit is for a local customer, but isn't sure if he wants to mount his existing bicycle or get a new one.

Back