Rat Rods, friction drive moped kit.

20220118_152639.jpg

Figured a way too accept brakes on the front.
Its cost effective, easy to reach around on these v brake, making all the adjustments in reach. This is a 1-1/8 width flat bar. It's pretty stiff but I will use 2 inch instead.
It also seems to lessen the vibration, which has never bothered me to begin with. But seems less.

Correct me if I am wrong but thes "v styled " brakes are easy to accommodate. As seen above

Caliper brakes seem to usually have permanent, unique bolt that seems impossible to replace and still have functional brakes..

And yes, I hit the alley way yesterday and did some "mudding" and even the coated spindle wasnt having it with how gooey and slick it was. Still fun!

Let me know your thoughts!

I did similar behind the fork, took an extension on the pads bracket to get the pads back to the wheels rim at the right
angle. I used the original fork bolt and flipped the brake caliper around and used a hd bmx brake. Worked well but was more fussy than your method with the extensions. Thats a simple way you have there. Incorporate that into the design as an option. Did steering feel change much with the drive unit more forward?

Sorry no pics as build was a ways back there. Your way is much easier. Sometimes I just make things work to see if I can. The bmx calipers are beefy and generally have a deeper reach to the rim, and usually wide enough to work with most fenders, but not all. The Sunlite stuff is good quality.

Sorry no pics as build was a ways back there. Your way is much easier. Sometimes I just make things work to see if I can. The bmx calipers are beefy and generally have a deeper reach to the rim, and usually wide enough to work with most fenders, but not all. The Sunlite stuff is good quality.

It just kind of dawned on me. My original idea was a lot more involved. I went and got the parts and pieces to create my vision and ended up making a u bracket.

I still have a few changes I may make to some design features, but nothing that doesn't make it cross compatible with my design.

For now, here is some pictures, finally snapped some of the complete kit in its entirety, minus a brake adapter bracket, and the bottom brackets.
20220120_132155.jpg

This is a current build for a customer in town. It has the stock 29cc high flow muffler from a newer zenoah, we are gunna do a carb swap and a high flow airfilter down the road and see how much more power these little G2D's can juice!
20220120_132208.jpg

I am thinking aswell, I am not super stoked on this new batch of clutch levers I got in, cheap crap. First few I ordered are fine, but these ones are loose and flimsy.

Thinking of having and option available for ordering with a mx128 dia comp set(LH/RH, would be an extra 25)

I have one on the way to check out, but the price seems right and with both sides people can match them and get a parking brake feature.

Downside is using a cable splitter for dual brakes.
20220120_132215.jpg

Getting ready for the next season, it seems spring will be unusually early, bad for lots of reasons, good for motor biking!
Cheers!

Sunlite has a hd bmx rim brake setup that's pretty nice kit. It's like $40 for 2 levers, cables, & the brake set up.
I looked into it aswell, a friend is trying to figure out a good way for putting caliper unit on the front of his cranbrook..

The price is right.

Super, super nice! Those levers are pretty good, they have the raised reinforcement ridges on the bar mount. The ones that dont break. Why dont you source some proper sized “C” channel and just cut the “U“ from that. Then its just drill the holes.

Did steering feel change much with the drive unit more forward?

No it did not, I've only ever riden front mount units, and moving it forward 2 inchs didnt not create and sway or make it feel any different to me.

Super, super nice! Those levers are pretty good, they have the raised reinforcement ridges on the bar mount. The ones that dont break. Why dont you source some proper sized “C” channel and just cut the “U“ from that. Then its just drill the holes.

Very good idea!

Back