Rat Rods, friction drive moped kit.

IMG_4723__23266.1341109314.1280.1280.jpg

Got my 1/2 gallon tank fitted somewhat, my range will definitely improve over the original tank, that little thin thing looks like it only held a few ounces. Only dilemma is the back mounts wont work on the Bayside frame. I got the front bolted, and have it two sided gorilla taped.
I've used that bike and had the same issue. I bought a length of small chain from Lowe's and used that for a strap. Just big enough to get over the studs. While you are there, pick up some nylon nuts too.

That looks like a 1 gallon capacity? the 1/2 gallon tank solved my range issue, it will go longer than I can now.

Attachments

• TRIP.jpg
    TRIP.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 127
Stanton has the right idea and it looks good, but this gear box weighs about 10 lbs and is priced about $175, very expensive.
In contrast, the double right-sided drive I developed uses a $25 5:1 goped gearbox and weighs about 3 lbs.

I'd like to see a less expensive solution using a cheap $25 3:1 gearbox mated to a 9 or 10 drive gear and a
56T wheel sprocket. Here's the gearbox:
https://www.monsterscooterparts.com...cc-engine-mini-atv-dirt-bike-pocket-bike.html

This solution would mount to the left side of the bike and would take any engine with a 76mm clutch, like the
Honda GX50, GX35, Robin 35, Lifan 35. The motor mount is the challenge to invent and develop. I'd like to see
2speed put his invented talents on this approach rather than reinventing front and rear wheel friction drives that have been
on the market since Egypt used straw reinforced mud bricks. Sorry to be so blunt but I believe serious inventors
should not reinvent old ideas.

Check this guy out:

Put this on the market, and you may have to quit your day job.

Stanton has the right idea and it looks good, but this gear box weighs about 10 lbs and is priced about $175, very expensive.
In contrast, the double right-sided drive I developed uses a $25 5:1 goped gearbox and weighs about 3 lbs.

I'd like to see a less expensive solution using a cheap $25 3:1 gearbox mated to a 9 or 10 drive gear and a
56T wheel sprocket. Here's the gearbox:
https://www.monsterscooterparts.com...cc-engine-mini-atv-dirt-bike-pocket-bike.html

This solution would mount to the left side of the bike and would take any engine with a 76mm clutch, like the
Honda GX50, GX35, Robin 35, Lifan 35. The motor mount is the challenge to invent and develop. I'd like to see
2speed put his invented talents on this approach rather than reinventing front and rear wheel friction drives that have been
on the market since Egypt used straw reinforced mud bricks. Sorry to be so blunt but I believe serious inventors
should not reinvent old ideas.

Check this guy out:

Put this on the market, and you may have to quit your day job.

With the Staton Inc gearbox there's no match for its strength. It best serves large people in mountainous regions who wish to use small engines. This factor is upped even more when used with a shift kit. Your systems work great for smaller riders in the flat lands.

Most people don't need high torque solutions for hills, so this solution
probably satisfies a very high percentage of riders. If I had the motor
mount this Asian fellow uses, I would use his solution in a minute.
2speed should develop a motor mount for this solution.

Ah, but it's already been done.

I'm taking high rpm, high HP, light weight engines and making them available to mount. That's what I am doing!

My goal is to start producing my own hardened steel spindles and a 2 speed high n low gear friction drive.

I like all the chain drives. And it's got me thinking about how I still don't prefer to ride in the rain. I will with this and have no problems, but still do not prefer.
20220223_163215.jpg

Back