to invent what is needed. At the very minimum, engines 35cc and larger
are in the right range. And nobody I know has invented a way to
mount a trimmer type engine to a bicycle with a chain on the left
side of the bicycle, and offered the complete solution. Again
a motor mount is the sticking point that has to be engineered
and developed, and put on the market, with the goal
of making friction drives obsolete. The Asian fellow is on the
right track in my opinion.

I sell the only kit using these engines, direct drive or centrifugal clutch.

My kit comes with a 1.5l fuel tank, not the low mile stock tanks people complain about.

My kit uses a spring operation clutch lifting system instead of a skewer rod. Set the spring and forget about it.

I sell a high performance kit using a engine platform with a magnitude of aftermarket parts and support, as well as stock horse power that is easily double of that china 4 stroke you linked.

I cannot understand why YOU think YOU know best for what everyone else wants or needs.

It turns out that the 4 builds I have sold have been completely satisfied with the performance and ease of use. I have not actually had a bad complaint of what I build nor has anyone been disappointed by the performance of a well designed 23cc 2 stroke or a high rpm 29cc.

And yes, it can all be made to be quiet.

Let's make the real comparison;
First, the quality build comparison

A Stanton kit with gx35 engine is $420.
1.3hp 7,000 rpm - 21oz fuel capacity

Ratbrodz kit with g2d99 is $400
2.0hp 12,000 rpm (thats stock, I install after market carb and high flow muffler for that price) - 50oz fuel capacity

Fir $20 less you get a reliable engine with almost twice as much power and twice the fuel capacity. I do front OR rear mounts.

And the g2d99 IS very quiet engine.

For the cheapskate build:

Xtreme power with Stanton $239
1.5hp 7000 rpms 21oz fuel capacity

Rat rods kit with Rovan engine $345(buy bare kit, engine, spindle, and bearing yourself)
3.5hp 15,000 rpms and 50oz fuel.

Spend $106 more than Stanton and get twice as much fuel capacity, well over twice the horsepower.

I sell the only kit using these engines, direct drive or centrifugal clutch.

My kit comes with a 1.5l fuel tank, not the low mile stock tanks people complain about.

My kit uses a spring operation clutch lifting system instead of a skewer rod. Set the spring and forget about it.

I sell a high performance kit using a engine platform with a magnitude of aftermarket parts and support, as well as stock horse power that is easily double of that china 4 stroke you linked.

I cannot understand why YOU think YOU know best for what everyone else wants or needs.

It turns out that the 4 builds I have sold have been completely satisfied with the performance and ease of use. I have not actually had a bad complaint of what I build nor has anyone been disappointed by the performance of a well designed 23cc 2 stroke or a high rpm 29cc.

And yes, it can all be made to be quiet.

Let's make the real comparison;
First, the quality build comparison

A Stanton kit with gx35 engine is $420.
1.3hp 7,000 rpm - 21oz fuel capacity

Ratbrodz kit with g2d99 is $400
2.0hp 12,000 rpm (thats stock, I install after market carb and high flow muffler for that price) - 50oz fuel capacity

Fir $20 less you get a reliable engine with almost twice as much power and twice the fuel capacity. I do front OR rear mounts.

And the g2d99 IS very quiet engine.

For the cheapskate build:

Xtreme power with Stanton $239
1.5hp 7000 rpms 21oz fuel capacity

Rat rods kit with Rovan engine $345(buy bare kit, engine, spindle, and bearing yourself)
3.5hp 15,000 rpms and 50oz fuel.

Spend $106 more than Stanton and get twice as much fuel capacity, well over twice the horsepower.
So what you are saying is, you sell happy ending? ;)

I have been building motorized bike since 2008, and have
seen just about all of it. What you're doing is mounting
zenoah rc and goped high rpm 2 stroke small engines that make
tremendous noise. They're great for gopeds and rc planes and
rc boats but not for motorized bikes. But go head
and do your thing if you think you have something.
I don't.

Thank you for your permission, I will continue as intended.

.... someday I'll take over the moterized bike world entirely! Watch out Stanton! Here I come china! E Bikes get out of the way!

@Deleted Member 4613, I have appreciated some of your feedback, but lately it's just been spitefully spearheading a campaign to denounce(?) Other attempts at something we all love to do.

I started building for my own enjoyment, and have now for a couple years. later on just messing around made something people seem to like, except you and maybe a few others. But the billions of others... so I'm just not terribly concerned. I do plenty of real work to make my money, and work hard every week to make it all turn.

Enjoy your Stanton, like many others have. And when you see mine coming down the road you'll be annoyed in more than one way.

Looks like 2speed lives where there are more wide open spaces, less congested roads, and not many pedestrians that could potentially be bothered by his louder engines.
Whereas Mike, who I believe lives in Southern California, has to deal with busy roads, sidewalks, and bikepaths....all of which could create a problem for noisy 2 strokes.
It's all a matter of perspective.
-Cheers

I also fly rc aircraft and currently have a DLE 20 cc 2stroke on one of
my planes. So I know how loud small 2 strokes can be. The idea
that you can ever threaten Stanton with these grasshoppers
is a fantasy. Stanton even has a 54mm FD drive for 25cc
engines, so he's already got you beat there too. And you
will never compete with electrics. If you owned one you
would know. They develop instant torque and are
becoming super popular. I own two electrics.

It has rained for about 2 weeks here; finally got a chance to get out and ride. Just about due for an oil change and valve check. The tuned carb worked very well and I noticed the extra power. Setting the metering lever correctly really changes everything. It's also nice to have a fuel shut off valve in case I do need to change carbs The Kool Stop ebrake pads worked great; a lot better than what came stock on the Sidewinder. The new horn is really loud and is a second alarm. Last of all the bicycle computer worked very good; it was really cool seeing what gradient many of these hills actually are.

Back