Rat Rods, friction drive moped kit.

546578_214715368656588_1373381357_n.jpeg

The idea
that you can ever threaten Stanton with these grasshoppers
is a fantasy. Stanton even has a 54mm FD drive for 25cc
engines, so he's already got you beat there too. And you
will never compete with electrics. If you owned one you
would know. They develop instant torque and are
becoming super popular. I own two electrics.
Dude, what gives?
Why do you keep antagonizing 2speed?
He's enjoying himself, and potentially earning some money from it? Seems like a win-win to me.
You're starting to sound resentful, or jealous, for some odd reason. 🤷‍♂️
I think you failed to pick up that 2speed....was....being....sarcastic.

......also fyi, it Staton, not Stanton.

I have been building motorized bike since 2008, and have
seen just about all of it. What you're doing is mounting
zenoah rc and goped high rpm 2 stroke small engines that make
tremendous noise. They're great for gopeds and rc planes and
rc boats but not for motorized bikes. But go head
and do your thing if you think you have something.
I don't.
You sell a happy ending too? ;)

I also fly rc aircraft and currently have a DLE 20 cc 2stroke on one of
my planes. So I know how loud small 2 strokes can be. The idea
that you can ever threaten Stanton with these grasshoppers
is a fantasy. Stanton even has a 54mm FD drive for 25cc
engines, so he's already got you beat there too. And you
will never compete with electrics. If you owned one you
would know. They develop instant torque and are
becoming super popular. I own two electrics.
Electric is ok, range is sucky though. An you carry back all your empty fuel containers. Gas gets lighter as you go and longer range. Electric has it's place though, not knocking them. Just me, I need to smell of a manly burnt castor oil smell. I need the vroom vroom and vibration of a gas powered engine. An the price for what I get on a gas vs electric, vs longevity is better for me. Electric get wet inside the motor or controller, it's fried, batteries need replaced. Gas engine runs forever with proper care, and as long as you keep them painted, full and no ethanol, gas tank last forever too. I may buy an electric for a fun run someday, but it's always going to be gas for me.

It has rained for about 2 weeks here; finally got a chance to get out and ride. Just about due for an oil change and valve check. The tuned carb worked very well and I noticed the extra power. Setting the metering lever correctly really changes everything. It's also nice to have a fuel shut off valve in case I do need to change carbs The Kool Stop ebrake pads worked great; a lot better than what came stock on the Sidewinder. The new horn is really loud and is a second alarm. Last of all the bicycle computer worked very good; it was really cool seeing what gradient many of these hills actually are.
Right pads make all the difference. Any woman will agree with that. lol

Dude, what gives?
Why do you keep antagonizing 2speed?
He's enjoying himself, and potentially earning some money from it? Seems like a win-win to me.
You're starting to sound resentful, or jealous, for some odd reason. 🤷‍♂️
I think you failed to pick up that 2speed....was....being....sarcastic.

......also fyi, it Staton, not Stanton.
Haha your right. I'll be the first to admit that I am illiterate when it comes to the small stuff, let alone spelling.

I appreciate this support, and that finally someone else sees what I am seeing(thank you Darwin as well).

I never actually, ever had the intention or thought that I could out build Staton or compete with china motors, let alone the quiet and subtle cruise of an electric.

I do still, enjoy almost every day that I can use what I have built, and am lucky to have a few members in my local community gain interest and support and now cruise at least a couple times a month I get out with a local or two and just keep at 20-25mph and enjoy a nice buzz around town or out.

As to note, yes I am out in country where the 1000+ diesel trucks wildly out of tune and blowing smoke will draw more attention than the little 100% legal ride I'm on.

I use a no/low smoke lucas oil and have taken the extra time and hardly any money to make the ride a little more quiet than the stock can. And in fact am still thinking up ideas with even my first buyer as to what could be done to make a quiet, effective muffler that will allow oil collection clean out/ maintenance.

Mostly I ride below 20 in town for that low tone and hit the throttle on the highway or barren roads. Of course. As most know, if I switch to a higher spindle ratio I could achieve the 25-30 in town at low tone and have a lot more top end for 35-40.

I run .795 for more torque on the hills and when I carry a load.

I really do overall appreciate the support and interest that you all have shown, I came to this forum to learn from people who had done the walk and continue to follow my own path of friction drive.

And too also note, Since having owned a chine mid frame 3 years ago while owning a friction drive sears kit, only to have the 60+ year old sears kit out live the china kit entirely. I have been fully convinced, that unless I need to ride in the rain almost year round, I have no need to own a chain system that has more moving parts. And more things to check. In my personal opinion. When it rains I either have a wet spindle on or just ped it with the engine off.
Mostly a lot of peddling which I can still do. No engine drag at all, no one way bearing (1 less part to the list of un needed parts, like a centrifugal clutch).

Mike, your attempts of spamming my thread with chain drive propaganda is amusing, but I will just keep posting pictures of my builds and my website, per instructions on how to use the forum. Aka post your own cool stuff in appropriate threads.

I think that covers it?

Back