Raw Engines Coming Soon!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ozi

i am working on it right now with the manufacturer. as of right now i'm just selling the 48cc and 66cc with no brand. my screen name on ebay is a2zonlinedeals. please bare with me as something like this takes awhile for us so we can bring the best to our customers.

thanks

I looked at his auctions and what he is listing NOW are HT engines.....

hey Zevo

If they are illegal or not epa certified, then how can california pass these engines with custom to my business ?

hey Zevo

If they are illegal or not epa certified, then how can california pass these engines with custom to my business ?
What does the import documentation say? If they are identified as complete 2 cycle engines, then the next question is what claims are made in the documentation? If they are identified as "parts" then it is customs fraud.

There are literally thousands of containers of goods a day off-loaded in Cali ports. Customs doesn't even pretend to inspect all of them. If your customs broker is like most of them, just a paper shuffling operation, they don't inspect them either (nor would they be looking at epa compliance, anyway).

Quite frankly, I wish there was funding for MANY more customs inspectors. These engines are just the tip of the iceberg, in terms of the volume of customs mis-representation and outright fraud ongoing. That said, there is an ongoing EPA/Customs investigation of importers of chinese 2-stroke engines, and several of the larger ebay operations have been identified as "parties of interest" in that investigation.

Keep in mind, in terms of pure power and authority, Customs is the most powerful law enforcement agency there is. Period. Rules that apply to all other LEO's don't apply to them, and they have of late been becoming ever more aggressive.

Raw -- maybe you jumped the gun here a little.. Endeavours such as this -- at many times -- take MUCH LONGER THAN EXPECTED TO GET OFF THE GROUND.. We find out at times -- THE HARD WAY -- that even though our intentions are VERY SOUND - it may be the others involved - that let us down... Can be cause for a slow, slow start.. Good Luck and Happy Riding from - Mountainman

Raw -- after reading some more posts here -- the BIG QUESTION SEEMS TO BE -- are you sure that your new engine imported will be 100% legal in all of these United States ??? If the answer happens to be NO -- you are wasting your time and money -- all items sold in a state -- must be legally sold in that state... Mountainman

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
It means it was tested under regular conditions for 50 hours with passing emissions.
Is your exhaust pipe the catalyst exhaust?

Compliance and Certification are two different words,mind you.
You can get an engine to be compliant.
Certification takes a lot of money. A LOT of money.
And a certified engine that is certified for a year before it is sold needs to be re-certified for every unsold engine you have every year so if you're not selling over a thousand engines a year it's a waste of money.
Compliance can be said with a sticker.
And the reality is that anyone can generate a sticker.
Certification I'm hearing needs an actual engine stamp not unlike a VIN stamp on a car.

This is with some research I've gathered. Sorry. I lost some of the links. I'll find it all again.

Here's a little something from the EPA website. And this talks about non road engines like garden trimmers and such. I can't seem to find that link as to actual cost it's so frustrating. Then there seems to be no link from that site that explains any bike engine kits. I'm sure I'm missing it.
http://www.epa.gov/EPA-AIR/1998/January/Day-27/a941.htm

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back