Raw Engines Coming Soon!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
All 2 strokes have extremely high particulate pollution because they burn oil with the fuel. If the EPA was as strict as I heard they are, all 2 strokes should be banned. I highly doubt your tanaka epa sticker is anymore legitimate than a sticker on a happytime.

I will have you know that Tanaka was the first engine builder that ever applied for and received compliancy for their 2 stroke engine. Since then, others have applied and received thier compliancy. So your statement is totally uninformed.

I will have you know that Tanaka was the first engine builder that ever applied for and received compliancy for their 2 stroke engine. Since then, others have applied and received thier compliancy. So your statement is totally uninformed.
Sure I can take your word they may be compliant now, but like arceeguy I dont see them being compliant in the (probably near)future with ever stricter emissions regulation.

Regulation is constantly being updated, and in this environmentally conscious climate its likely going to go up. The fact that they received compliancy in the past has no bearing in the future.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi to everyone,

this would be a 2 stroke engine and center mount. i will also be working on the duel start which you can pull start without pedding. i will have full parts, warranty, and support. so please bare with me as i am working with my manufacturer to getting these engines and providing customers with top notch serivce.

thanks

Myself & probable plenty others are getting in the same featured motor with two ways to start( one friction from motor and a pull start recoil on the right.)
Its been in test mode for a bit now.
I will warn you the old Pulling recoil type where simply awful.( lets hope they upgraded)
They used plastic parts in place they should have used Something stronger.

Good Luck On your Venture.

cheers

bob
BlueCollarBike.

860-673-6457

RAW, it seems the only one's who "reacted" to your post are other vendors.
So it's not the site's fault !

We/SumOfUs, enjoing the show as you bull horned vendors tuff it out !

We are pleased to know you have products ( apparantly pending), RAW, but understand the consequences of not delivering, that's all I got to say on the matter.

Competition is a good thing. It lowers prices for the consumer. I think some bike engine vendors have found that while they will make less per kit, they can make more money due to volume. I am considering a "happy time" type kit because the prices are lowering to a point where I am willing to give it a go. I joined this site because I found you guys on Google while searching for ideas on how to mount a pocket bike engine on a bike. I still like the "homemade" aspect of motorized bikes, and while kits are nice, nothing beats a clean home build of a motorized bike using engines that would have otherwise been scrapped. :D

Competition is a good thing. It lowers prices for the consumer. I think some bike engine vendors have found that while they will make less per kit, they can make more money due to volume.

Correct !!!
That's the whole point of these things, a solution or working towards a solution due to fuel prices !!!
Lower the demand on fossil fuel usage for trivial travel...
If part of the solution is a HT, for now, then for every 10 HT's out there working right, that's 10 cars not using GALLONS OF fuel to go buy a pint of milk !

Last edited:
When you think about it, the price of a HT engine should really be a lot less than even $170. I recently bought a replacement engine for an old Honda Cub restoration project. It is a 110cc SOHC 4 stroke engine, with 4 speed manual transmission, and included a 20mm carburetor, and CDI module. Price was $250 shipping included! The importers are probably the ones making all the money here because I doubt a happy time kit costs more than 40 bucks when purchased in quantity from the manufacturer in China. But then again, importing goods is a tricky business and the inexperienced can easily get burned. (Customs paperwork, shipping fees, dock workers fees, possible storage fees if your paperwork isn't up to snuff, etc)

Competition is a good thing. It lowers prices for the consumer. I think some bike engine vendors have found that while they will make less per kit, they can make more money due to volume.

Putting a box in the mail Is not all that difficult .Its not fool proof but far from rocket science. When shipping Many boxes as i do your bound to make a mistake ,But do to this inconvenience you still shouldn't make the money i was being charged by certain venders eventually forcing me to sell the kits myself.
You will not get rich doing this Or even make a living
( unless you buy your parts separate to get past EPA and hire your family & friends or low Priced hired hands that will moon light and try to reassemble in a cellar or basment and maybe resell the kits As whole units on eBay )
But if you sell the complete factory assembled kits at a very resonable Far price and offer Phone sevice and not just hide behinde a email addy
It will help pay for things like beer and parts for your other toys . and you will meet some realy cool Guys with the same intrests as yourself .

Before I started selling the motors I predicted in this Forum and other places the price of these mass produced China Made motors kits will come down in price ,,,And by the looks of it .....

they have.

Cheers To all.

Bob
BlueCollarBike

860-673-6457

Zev0, I think your bad experience with your HT has soured you on them
but... just because you can afford better, doesn't mean you should trash them for everybody else
I used to know someone who LOVED his Yugo :LOL:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back