Raw racer 3 ?

James98189741

Local time
7:35 AM
I put on raw racer and it seemed very sluggish and slow. After getting it to start for 2 min i heard a terrible noise coming from engine like something got loose and tore it up. I opened bike and just looked black and oily everywhere. When i was installing it, it seemed like the piston was very tight and hard to fit in the cylinder. Unlike rhe 66cc engines where piston fit nicely. So are they made with a tighter fit and what could the noise have been.? The rings and clips are in place. Also i think the design is crap ..one piece cylinder bs. Should have gotten a minerelli

Did it come with a windowed piston? Is the cylinder scarred?

Well what did you find that's loose? You should have something to let you know where the problem is.

I was so shocked engine wasnt destroyed i forget to investigate more closely. Is the piston supposed to be a tighter fit than a 66cc

I was so shocked engine wasnt destroyed i forget to investigate more closely. Is the piston supposed to be a tighter fit than a 66cc

When I just rebuilt the cylinder head and piston on my 66/80cc, I had to oil the piston in order to be able to get the cylinder head to slide down over it. Pretty tight fit.

Rings can be tight If it looks undamaged you should be ok. I'd get a windowed piston reed valves only work properly with a windowed piston. Have to see if it's an A type (low hole) or B type (high hole) piston. if you have a drill or dremel you could window the piston. Now that I realize it that's a 50mm piston the new 78cc or so motors same as YD100 or BT100. In this link is the piston on the right you need 2nd pic. https://www.ebay.com/itm/50mm-Windo...006777?hash=item5dac51e539:g:wCcAAOSwfkVfChhQ

Last edited:
Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
I've put 7 of these together, only problem i've had is with the e-clips breaking and ruining the cylinder. Solved that problem with heavy duty e-clips.

Like i said didnt see any damage just a horrible sound for 2 sec opened it up and only saw black oily residue. I just wonder why performance is so bad like 15 mph at full throttle w a 36 tooth. Maybe its the 16 to 1 ratio. But whoever called these raw racers should be fired unless i got something wrong installing it. Im going to double check everything

And why the hell would these not come with a windowed piston that makes no sense. Gas bike...on that note i bought a windowed piston from bikeberry and the window was on the exaust side like really...I thought it was supposed to be for intake. And last but not least why cant they just print detailed instructions for s**t like cone cns carburetor. Im staying away from those two places from now on.!

Back