Re-doing my chainsaw hybrid the right way!

Sloppyslopster

Local time
8:26 PM
This post here is mostly to share my coming progress on my ms460 swapped yd100 and to share knowledge for anyone in the future who wants to do this. About 2 months ago I originally built this engine without really doing it right and for a while it worked great, but my crank wasn't balanced and the thing broke. So here I am today, trying to rebuild it and actually try and attach a g2 reed to the case because, hey, extra performance ;). But so far the picture below is all I got done tonight. just cutting of the studs and sanding them and mocking up the g2 reed. I have to do some clearance to the case in order for it to fit, but if anyone has done this before I would love to know how you went about doing it.

Here are my plans for this engine:

Case reed
54mm ms460 (+2mm from previous)
Super clutch
General fixing
Reed stuffers if I get the case reed working
Pipe but most likely won't happen because I have no idea how to do it for an ms460

Attachments

• IMG_5303.jpg
    IMG_5303.jpg
    218.8 KB · Views: 32
This post here is mostly to share my coming progress on my ms460 swapped yd100 and to share knowledge for anyone in the future who wants to do this. About 2 months ago I originally built this engine without really doing it right and for a while it worked great, but my crank wasn't balanced and the thing broke. So here I am today, trying to rebuild it and actually try and attach a g2 reed to the case because, hey, extra performance ;). But so far the picture below is all I got done tonight. just cutting of the studs and sanding them and mocking up the g2 reed. I have to do some clearance to the case in order for it to fit, but if anyone has done this before I would love to know how you went about doing it.

Here are my plans for this engine:

Case reed
54mm ms460 (+2mm from previous)
Super clutch
General fixing
Reed stuffers if I get the case reed working
Pipe but most likely won't happen because I have no idea how to do it for an ms460
Just like this.

Back