Re-doing my chainsaw hybrid the right way!

Hey I have a question for you guys what are your thoughts on those hand drill drill press adapters? They any good?

I have one of those big drills that I used on my crank. It might be good?

Attachments

• IMG_5324.jpeg
    IMG_5324.jpeg
    54.7 KB · Views: 27
Just get the cheapest one from harbor freight. It work good for little stuff and I picked mine up for 40 bucks new

While I’m waiting for my parts I might see what’s going on with this 350 I found in my garage.

Attachments

• IMG_5325.jpeg
    IMG_5325.jpeg
    249.3 KB · Views: 18
I was concerned about it too. Again it mostly surface rust. I was using wd40 on it and some paper towels and almost all of it was coming off the back 2 are full of loose junk that just needs to be vacuumed out.
When you have an engine at that stage, then it's just a matter of a rebore. New pistons, resize the crank, new lifters, and a cam if you want to go that far. I've seen some ugly looking engines put back into service after a couple of days at the machine shop. What does the heads look like?

When you have an engine at that stage, then it's just a matter of a rebore. New pistons, resize the crank, new lifters, and a cam if you want to go that far. I've seen some ugly looking engines put back into service after a couple of days at the machine shop. What does the heads look like?
Heads actually look good. Didn’t see any rust on them. I’m curious to see how the internal parts look. Looking at the cam through one of the lifter holes it looks almost brand new no wear at all. I’m fairly sure the engine is built, it might even be a 383 but who knows. I definitely know it has a matching b&m supercharger.

Back