Re jet? Or new cdi? Or exhaust?

Tinkertillitbreaks

Local time
10:05 PM
Okay so ive learned a lot about the motors but still can't quite get the tuning down. So I have standard Chinese 68cc on a 90's road master.

I have performance carb with size 66 jet installed, when I bought the carb I also bought sizes #66 #67 #68 #69 #70.
My question is in regards to 4-stroking. If I go higher, 4stroking gets worse. I am currently using the smallest one and topping out at 30mph.

Should I buy smaller jets? Or go ahead and buy performance cdi(Ive heard you might even have to jet higher) or buy performance exhaust.
Are the mods a noticeable improvement?

I'm going to head up to Home Depot and see what kind of connectors I can get. Connecting pipes maybe see if I can pack and get some liquid steel high temp Put some sport straps on cuz I want to take a long trip today. It won't be a straight pipe I'll be putting my old stock muffler on that will be modified

Depending on the altitude where you're at, you need to jet a little leaner. I'm @ 900 ft and my 66cc runs great with a #62 and the needle at the top groove (leanest setting) I run a poo poo type pipe, everything else is stock, and it has crisp throttle response and good fuel economy.

I don't know what a poo poo type type is? And I'm running a straight pipe right now,,, I'm in the plumbing aisle at Home Depot right now trying to find something to rig something up????

Back