Read this before you buy/install a hub adapter for your sprocket!

Hello any input I am adding a rear sprocket 44 teeth to my Mongoose fat bike wide rims 26 x 4.0 with disc brakes 160 mm rotor with a rag joint clearance is tight thank you.

Does a Workman HD rim include a HD hub w/HD spokes too? Maybe that's the answer. I know on the cheap wally world bikes I've owned the hubs are just machined aluminum about an 1/8th of an inch thick, not much there at all.

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Hello when I put the sprocket on the disc caliper where the chain is very tight I am thinking about backing out the rotor not to much I may come up with my on configuration thank you stay safe.

I thought this was a DIY kit forum board not a factory job product. Is there another factory board built?
I don't speak his language?

Hub adaptor is the way to go , I seen some fails of the spoke clamp style and it wasn't pretty

When I did the hub adaptor on my E-Zip , I couldn't find the right size , so I bought a 1" diameter hub adaptor and got my buddy at the machine shop to cut it , was a little afraid that it would not be the right size when finished , but so far it has held , wish I would have taken the extra time to add a set screw or two
1617192915387.png

Back