Real GX50 Appearing!

• Thread starter Deleted Member 4613
  • Start date
D

Deleted Member 4613

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Branded GX50 Honda engines are starting to
appear on ebay, from China for $165. Anyone
brave enough to order?
there copys, but ive heard there pretty good for the price (uses same casting as honda, like harbor frieght does with the predator engines)

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Those are clones. The listing person is just using the real picture insead of the clone. Here is a genuine Honda GX50 listing............

Your best deal is to get it though from Small Engine Warehouse for $299.99 and use HOLIDAY19 in the promo code box to get Free Shipping. I'm tempted to get one. I need one like I need a hole in my head though.

Mike, Michael, Mikey, listen up front and center! The Chinese for some reason do not take pics of their own motors but use a pic of a real Honda in their ads. Notice the word aftermarket in the product description header. That's their defense against any complaints about it not being a real Honda. A lot use the word clone and I believe to be more accurate. The robin subarus 35cc, mits tle43cc and others for sale on Alibaba express all have the real factory stickers on them in the ads. When you get the motor the stickers will not be there and you'll notice subtle differences in the motor vs the real honda. For the price I have no doubt they're worth the money and will run just fine, or else no one would buy them. I emailed the seller in your link asking if it's a copy/clone or real honda. We'll see the answer but I'm sure it's a copy worth the price. A hs 142f is a fine motor and many of us use them for MAB's, but the HS 142f is not a Honda gxh50 at all. The Honda is a superior motor in every way.

Maybe I was fooled by the picture of the Honda brand name. I did
wonder what was meant by "aftermarket." I listened up!! (salute)

Seller emailed me back and said they're copies/clones.

In the OP link under specifications it lists the motor as a gx35, you don't know what your getting really.

No Model: gx35
Power Source: Gasoline Modified Item: No
MPN: Does Not Apply Country/Region of Manufacture: China
Brand: Unbranded Custom Bundle: No
UPC: Does not apply

I have to disagree, you know what you're getting, BUT, will it run or even function. After visiting China, I'd take a chance that it will be just fine.

In the OP link under specifications it lists the motor as a gx35, you don't know what your getting really.

No Model: gx35
Power Source: Gasoline Modified Item: No
MPN: Does Not Apply Country/Region of Manufacture: China
Brand: Unbranded Custom Bundle: No
UPC: Does not apply

Back