realistic gas mileage

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

recumbentbill

Howdy. Aside from my intro this is my first post. I have two golden eagle powered bikes. Golde eagle claims up to 250mpg or 30 to 35 miles per tank. I have the 26 and the 40 Tanaka pure fire Engines. The 26 has a 22oz tank. Assuming that I get 35 miles per tank I would have to burn 7.14 tanks to go 250 miles . Thats over a gallon. My realistic mileage is about 22 miles per the 22oz tank. I'm still happy with my 127 mpg that i get. What are you getting :cool:

tanaka 32
13 tooth drive gear
400 miles on new engine
i run it hard and wide-open all the time
GVW=? (fairly heavy bicycle, 190lb rider)
130mpg

Mitsu 43
Staton Friction Drive. 1.5" roller
1,000+ miles
I run wide open almost all the time
Aluminum Trek, 135lb rider
About 180 mpg

K/Z 25cc GEBE, 10 tooth trail gear.

250 mpg, but my riding conditions are atypical. Straight down 2000 ft. & back up. On the down the engine is off. On the up I'm pedal assisting vigorously, in order to keep the bike rolling forward.

Last edited by a moderator:
tanaka 40
14 tooth drive gear
2000+miles
260# bike+me
3/4 to wot
130-135mpg

nonono...a very relevant topic dragged "off" way too quickly, just not cool.

(i'm talking about the 2 i just deleted)

on-topic to the max in the garage...you wanna gab? then go to general or the white zone :(

Dimension Edge
700cc wheel
1 inch roller friction drive
49cc Tecumseh
Hard 3/4 to full throttle
120 to 130mpg
Cruising 1/4 to 1/2 throttle
160+
One tank full over 50 miles on 22 oz of fuel (not typical)
I figure 128 mpg or one ounce to the mile for carrying fuel.
Flat to rolling terrain paved roads.
Going to the largest roller should increase the MPG and top end at the expense of low end.

Howdy. Aside from my intro this is my first post. I have two golden eagle powered bikes. Golde eagle claims up to 250mpg or 30 to 35 miles per tank. I have the 26 and the 40 Tanaka pure fire Engines. The 26 has a 22oz tank. Assuming that I get 35 miles per tank I would have to burn 7.14 tanks to go 250 miles . Thats over a gallon. My realistic mileage is about 22 miles per the 22oz tank. I'm still happy with my 127 mpg that i get. What are you getting :cool:

Most of you guys have included some additional info that I should have put in the beginning of this thread. So--- here tis my addition.
I have the 12 tooth and the 14 tooth highway drive sprockets
My bike is a heavy mon goose dual susp mtn bk
My weight is 205 and I run the engine wide open all the time:eek:

recumbentbill,

GEBE claims 200-220 for the Tanaka 26, and 140-160 for the 40cc. They only claim 250 for the KZ 25cc.

From the replies so far, the Tanakas appear to be thirsty beasts, regardless of displacement.

I hope we get more data.

It can be as much as they claim, it depends on riding conditions and how much the rider is helping the motor. On my upright bikes (cruisers/mountain), I get around 160 +. That is a lot of stop and go riding. On my prototype (stretch cruiser) I regularily get around 212 + up to as much as 238 (that's on the EHO35 engine).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back