really odd problem!!

Kielohawk said:
Hey Werdna, Are you talking about the float bowl gasket? I have a really thin gasket on my bowl and it leaks a bit when my bike sits on the kickstand. There is always a bit of gas on the outside/bottom of the bowl. How hard was the gasket to cut from the cereal box? I was thinking of making a new gasket from a sheet of gasket making material that I have, but I thought it would be really hard to cut such a narrow gasket.

Dan

Take the bowl off, disconect the gas line, let the carb, bowl, and gasket dry thouroughly. Re-assemble, and tighten the bolts. Since I did this the carb hasn't had a single leak and is still new looking.

Clean the float bowl with Carb Cleaner.

It's the intake gasket that I was talking about-sorry I wasn't clear....My carb has leaked a little so I'll try drying it out!

Thanks for all your imput!

Intake gasket

Make sure you seal the intake properly as it will weaken the mixture and you may well end up seizing the engine under a hard exceleration.

WARNING TO ALL BUZZ BIKERS!

A new strain of mutant bike hating trees has been discovered!
These trees are clever and tricky, they are capable of actually jumping out from the side of the road and blocking your path at the worst possible moment and your butt over tea kettle and then jumping back into position as you find your self laying flat on your back,looking up at the sky.
Scientists claim these mutant trees are drawn to the smell of two stroke oil.

RIDERS BEWARE!

my wife still hates my bike

to add to leaking carb....

I had the same issue of gas seeping out from the carb after sitting on the stand for a bit. So I take the petcock off to check if it is working, well guess they dont work like normal petcocks... that one position is open and a full sweep would be closed ...youd think !!
I initially would point the FUEL --> arrow on the "wiper" down towards the carb as ON and pointing towards the tank as OFF.
Wrong..point the Fuel --> towards ON and OFF on the petcock body and now it works normally .
DOH!!!!

just thought i would share some info. i work at a autoparts store and found a couple gaskets that are close to the intake and exhaust. make a couple holes bigger and you are in.

Attachments

• 0610091723[1].jpg
    0610091723[1].jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 110
  • 0610091728[1].jpg
    0610091728[1].jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 106
Now I feel like a dumb *** !! After taking my carb apart and most of the rest of my engine I didnt pay a lot of attention to the gaskets . My bike just didnt seem to be getting the same power that it had before . Ill do a gasket check tomorrow . Thanks yall FRED

Back