Really slow

Armani

Local time
1:50 AM
I have a 80cc and it is really slow
My friend has a 49cc and he can pass me

a lot depends on rider weight, and whether motor has been run in yet, and rear sprocket size

all thing being equal, the 49cc is sometimes faster on flat ground, while the 66cc is able to climb hills that the 49cc cannot

Myself, I owned a 49cc and it was fast, but not to my liking. Got up to about 30 mph on a good day. I purchased a GT5 80cc motor and put an aluminum racing head, an NT Racing Carb and a boost bottle on it. It had a cheap operational speedometer I installed on it myself. It got up to 50 mph and I opened it up the rest of the way and buried the needle into the odometer region before it (the speedometer) quit on me. Now only the odometer works. It is not impossible to out run your friends bike with the right modifications and some funds to spend on them. Good luck and motor on!

Myself, I owned a 49cc and it was fast, but not to my liking. Got up to about 30 mph on a good day. I purchased a GT5 80cc motor and put an aluminum racing head, an NT Racing Carb and a boost bottle on it. It had a cheap operational speedometer I installed on it myself. It got up to 50 mph and I opened it up the rest of the way and buried the needle into the odometer region before it (the speedometer) quit on me. Now only the odometer works. It is not impossible to out run your friends bike with the right modifications and some funds to spend on them. Good luck and motor on!
Other than the 66 accelerating a little quicker the 48 with the same gear (stock) on the same size wheel does the same speed. So then you can look at the variables a better tuned 48 will out run an out of tune 66 any day add some goodies like a pipe and better carb and yes again it may well outrun bigger engines.I've built some screamer 48-50cc engines the last one being my son's starfire gen 2 and that one parked over a half dozen 66-69cc engines that their owners thought were strong but could it do 50mph NO it's top speed was 47 mph on a 26" wheel and the stock 44t gear at 11,000 rpm.

I was running mine at 20:1 mix company sez ta run it at that, but then I went back to 16:1 mix the bike pick up 10 MPH had more power then again you can have crap motor I have had 3 first one I cried had to pedal on flat surface slowed me going downhill could of gone faster without a motor other 2 bikes do about 18 MPH on breakin and your always nursing it to get to 26 to 28 MPH I just bought a Motor from California Motor bikes he brags his are better will s**t I had a junk accelerator from BkikeBerry f***ing thing jam full throttle I have only road it for 3 minutes waiting for new throttle to come in , But I was f***ing impress I was going 40 MPH in those 3 minutes scared the s**t out of me had twice the speed 3 times the power flew me over this 7% incline doing a wheely almost at the top where the other 2 always bog out.

So I would suggest shove the motor in a dumpster without recomeding new exhaust or heads or pump bottle buy one from him, oh and mention my name I might get some free goodies if sale increase but I'm not saying it for that the motors name is Wildcat.

I was running mine at 20:1 mix company sez ta run it at that, but then I went back to 16:1 mix the bike pick up 10 MPH had more power then again you can have crap motor I have had 3 first one I cried had to pedal on flat surface slowed me going downhill could of gone faster without a motor other 2 bikes do about 18 MPH on breakin and your always nursing it to get to 26 to 28 MPH I just bought a Motor from California Motor bikes he brags his are better will sh*t I had a junk accelerator from BkikeBerry f***ing thing jam full throttle I have only road it for 3 minutes waiting for new throttle to come in , But I was f***ing impress I was going 40 MPH in those 3 minutes scared the sh*t out of me had twice the speed 3 times the power flew me over this 7% incline doing a wheely almost at the top where the other 2 always bog out.

So I would suggest shove the motor in a dumpster without recomeding new exhaust or heads or pump bottle buy one from him, oh and mention my name I might get some free goodies if sale increase but I'm not saying it for that the motors name is Wildcat.
You rode it for only 3 min and were doing 40 I geuss you'll be bad mouthing him soon when you eff up this engine again like your previous ones.

Wow ,50mph with just a CNC racing head, an NT speed 16mm carburetor and a boost bottle?...if your mph needle went past and hit near the odometer that must have been like 55 or 60 mph.:eek:

Wow ,50mph with just a CNC racing head, an NT speed 16mm carburetor and a boost bottle?...if your mph needle went past and hit near the odometer that must have been like 55 or 60 mph.:eek:
No freaking way the speedo must have been crap and to hit 55-60 mph would mean the engine was spinning over 13,000 rpm LOL with no metion of a pipe or bearing upgrades highly unlikely also no mention of timming correction it would grenade for sure since uncorrected the timming would be slightly greater than 30 degrees btdc at that rpm.

Back