Really starting to enjoy the bike!

Nice - I was in CO about 11 years ago in the summer for some programming work...we were in Colorado Springs area...just beautiful, but we were stuck in a "cave" (office) the entire time...so I have to get back there for a real visit one of these days. I'd like to try snowboarding and hit a few half-pipes before my old bones give out, you know... :)

I am going to ride up to the beach in a bit, I think, and I'll take a picture for you when I get there....but here's a preview!

http://www.co.palm-beach.fl.us/webcams/slwi/sho001.jpg
No surf today, but look at the colors of the water! The dark areas close to the beach are coral reef about 5-6 below...beautiful for snorkeling! I took my boy surfing on Friday - we had a great time. Now that he's 11, we don't have to take mom, and we get to check out all the hotties on the beach (although, he's still too young to comment on what we see) :) Trust me, it's all GOOD!

Cya
Mark

Hey Mark... Good for you. Looks like taking some time off allowed you to get some work done on the bike. Glad that you got your clutch fixed. Would hate for it to break all the way off. That would be no fun.

Glad to hear that you had a good experience at the bike shop too. I know I've heard some guys talk about them not getting treated well there but I'm glad that you did. I won't know about me until I get my motor (tomorrow hopefully).

Nice that you can get out and ride again. Keep having fun!!! Enjoy that FL atmosphere!

talk later...

Glad you got it fixed. That is the same thing that happened to me frayed right out the box. I think I mentioned it in your "popeye" thread. Wallyworld cables did the trick, plus got extras and endcaps..

Yeah, me too...went there 3 times this weekend...someone told me 4 were on the truck, but "get here fast"...10pm....that's when I decided to help support the local bike shop :)

Any time I can support a small business instead of Wallyworld, I do. The local shops need to be reasonable on price, but I (thankfully) can afford and don't mind paying an extra dollar or two to a local business over WW just to do my part and help the country (save the country?) and not have WW send it to China. They are sucking us dry.

Longest Ride Today

Nice, I rode from my house all the way to the beach today. About a 20 mile round trip...I was nice and relaxed, and averaged about 20mph. Beautiful weather today - but comfortable and not sweaty.

I got a squeaky clutch or it's coming from the small sprocket that kinda freaked me out for a few minutes...At first I thought it was the front tire, the then I turned off the motor, lifted and spun it - quiet - whew!

So I relaxed a bit and the started back...but here's the description of the ride and the pix:

I started on Boynton Beach Blvd. & Jog Road...headed East all the way until I hit US1. Most of this ride was on the sidewalk...way too much traffic! Once I got to US1, I make a right for 2 blocks, then a left and go up over the drawbridge (fun!) crossing the Intracoastal out to the Palm Beach Island. The main road going up the Florida coast is A1A, so naturally, that's where I went, and it's bike friendly! Yea! So I go about 3 miles North to Boynton Inlet - and of course I have to pose the Blue Dog in Pic 2!

Pic 3 is some old dude with a big belly wearing a goofy motorcycle helmet and riding some sort of motor-bike thing! (I asked someone to take my picture...talked about the bike for 15 minutes there).

Pic 4, 5, 6 just some nice shots of the beach and the ocean and the bike

Pic 7, 8 - Well, now you can see why I named my company Palm Beach Software Design, Inc.!

Pic 9 - Stopped by the boat dock and restroom. Found some nice shade, had some cold water, and started the back end of my trip...

Pic. 10, 11, 12 - Stopped on A1A at this little park that only the locals seem to know about...you have to follow a trail through some vegetation - mostly sea grape trees with nice shade - a natural hammock, and pop out at the beach. Really one of my favorite surf spots, too.

So it was a nice long ride on my bike, FINALLY! Pulling up to the last few blocks on the way home, my butt was starting to hurt a bit...but that will go away I think when I put the springers on the front. (I hope).

It was a fun ride! I trust the bike a lot more now...I'll go over everything tonight, and hopefully I can figure out what the squeaking sound is coming from.

OK, see ya!

Attachments

• img002.jpg
    img002.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 392
  • img003.jpg
    img003.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 400
  • img004.jpg
    img004.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 375
  • img005.jpg
    img005.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 363
  • img006.jpg
    img006.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 374
  • img007.jpg
    img007.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 354
  • img008.jpg
    img008.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 357
  • img009.jpg
    img009.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 361
  • img010.jpg
    img010.jpg
    121.7 KB · Views: 348
  • img011.jpg
    img011.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 352
  • img012.jpg
    img012.jpg
    139.4 KB · Views: 368
(Moved to traveling and commuting by Motored Bike)

WOW. I want to live close to the beach! All we got here are mountains and stuff.

Isn't it cool though how even when it's hot out you're pretty comfortable?

Looks amazing scenery! That would make for the perfect ride! All I get is flat concrete and buildings everywhere :(, But that doesnt matter to me, just got back from the most exhilarating ride ever, got the tuned pipe just perfect, motors run in nicely now and just geared down to 32 tooth. I LOVE MY BIKE SO MUCH!!!

The only thing that would make it better is if the police didnt mind and I could ride in the day somewhere nice like what you've got Mark. I'm going Florida with my girlfriend next year, it looks amazing, your so lucky living in such a nice place.

Fastboy

Looks like fun Mark. Bike looks good. And to think you almost gave this up for a SCOOTER.... We are very fortunate to live in such a scenic place, with such good weather. I need to do AIA soon....

You know, I'm still feeling little bits of "hesitation" every now and then when I'm cruising at a constant speed. Any speed. Is this normal? I'm assuming a free-wheel setup I wouldn't be feeling it, or maybe I'm running to lean? I will pull the plug in the am for starters.

I did put an oring inside the manifold and carb as suggested...but I think I'll RTV in the morning since I'm not going to be riding for at least 24 hours.

I like to keep my fuel filter with NO BUBBLES. That's just me but it seems when my fuel filter shows no bubbles my Happy Time doesn't hesitate.

Back