Rear axle spacer

I am running 2.125 cruiser tires on my mag wheels with no issues.
I keep the axle nuts from every wheel I come across. The bearing nuts on the cheap Walmart bikes are thin and make good spacers. I think they are the bearing nuts, they take a larger wrench and are thinner.
I used nuts to do like Damien said and spread the frame a bit.
No, I didn't do that on the one I bent the axle on in case someone is wondering if that is why my axle bent.

Thanks for all the feedback. It has been trial and error mounting the darn axel and sprockets to the CDH wheels. Most of the error is my part I am sure, but it is hard to measure / guess how much axle to leave on each side and you cannot tighten the jam nuts on the drive sprocket side because you can't get the wrench inside the space taken up by the sprocket and brake disc. I have had to completely remove them twice now including using thread lock each time..... and last but not least, my rear rack support arms are interfering with the disc brake caliber mounting so I need to space it out more than an inch and need longer 5mm screws so another hardware store trip. I am sure Karl has a fastener supply bigger than Grainger so he never has to run for hardware 3 times a day like I do :)

my rear rack support arms are interfering with the disc brake caliber mounting
Yeah...When i built my bike, i knew in advance that my old rack would be a problem like that, so i bought one that attched to the frame posts behind the seat and anchored themselves in a different manner than down by the drop downs...This is the one i use that eliminated this problem for me...DAMIEN

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Yeah...When i built my bike, i knew in advance that my old rack would be a problem like that, so i bought one that attched to the frame posts behind the seat and anchored themselves in a different manner than down by the drop downs...This is the one i use that eliminated this problem for me...DAMIEN

wow... I like it... and half the cost of the Blackburn racks I have been buying for 35 years.

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
I just got a set of CDH mag wheels too, also converting to disc brakes. So this has been interesting to read! I got a set of new 2.125 tires to install and it was a challenge to mount them. I used several large nylon zip-ties to hold the bead in place and it came together then. I'm using 35 psi on them.

I just got a set of CDH mag wheels too, also converting to disc brakes. So this has been interesting to read! I got a set of new 2.125 tires to install and it was a challenge to mount them. I used several large nylon zip-ties to hold the bead in place and it came together then. I'm using 35 psi on them.
I blew my first tube up at around 40 psi. I also sanded around the both beads on the inside of the rim as it was razor sharp, Thought that might have been what blew the tube. I finally got the rims and tires mounted and did two rides late in the day today. I need to tighten the front wheel axle now as it has a bit of pay in it. must not have gotten it tight when I mounted it. Getting everything lined up in the back was a challenge but worked out ok.

Attachments

• IMG_1854.jpg
    IMG_1854.jpg
    197.8 KB · Views: 98
  • IMG_1848.JPG
    IMG_1848.JPG
    196.9 KB · Views: 113
Back