rear brake adjustment

arbys

Local time
11:00 AM
I replaced the rear tire on my 2002 Pace maker II. The bike won't pedal now. I think that the rear brake is out of adjustment. Is there anywhere that the adjustments are outlined? I did a search and it was worthless.

uI replaced the rear tire on my 2002 Pace maker II. The bike won't pedal now. I think that the rear brake is out of adjustment. Is there anywhere that the adjustments are outlined? I did a search and it was worthless.
Are you saying the rear wheel will not turn? What if you remove the chain, will the wheel turn? There are too many variables involved in your question and what is not working. More information and pictures would be helpful. I have taken the rear coaster brake hub apart on my 2004 NE5 and there are no adjustments other than the bearing cones which tighten up the axel.

Sorry that I didn't get back to you earlier. I have a pinched nerve in my back and don't get to the building where my Whizzer is. If I try usinf the chain to rotate the rear wheel it's a "no-go". If I hand turn the motor pulleys it turns over and the motor turns over. I hope tha tthis helps to understand what 's going on.

I was able to get to the carriage house and took off the rear wheel, carefully reassembled one part at a time and checked out the pedal action along the way. Seems to be operating correctly now.

Back