Rear disc brake question.

Heres the ones with heat sinks!!! Possibly View attachment 162670
Yes they may very well fit, I hate having to search rather than just knowing what works LOL. here's the pads Chop Chop's posted caliper uses.
heat sink pads.jpg

Man I hate to brake it to you but these are not dual piston caliper's, you had me hoping you found a cheap alternative but sadly no, this is a true dual piston mechanical caliper, see how the arm is on both sides to actuate the cam on both sides this or hydraulic passage through the body is the only way to get true dual piston movement. Also the pads shown with big heat sinks on top is a good idea but where would we find those come time for replacement?
View attachment 162648
Err hello ? The calipars I provided the link to DOES have arms to BOTH sides, I'm running them on my bike. Why do u think I said to look at photo #7 in the listing?? If u actually looked u'll realise they are actuated from both sides...plus yes the pads have heat sinks built in, but normal pads will fit in there as well - I know because I've tried it.

As a matter of fact, I made my own custom pads out of 3mm brass sheets which works 10000% better than anything else I've tried.
They have so much bite I've had to back the cable tension off to prevent them locking up. Solid brass is the way to go.

Here's a pic of the brass brake pads I'd created earlier.... it's a simple Dremel effort that took no more than 5 minutes per pad. There's a few different ways to do it - u can either make each pad out of 2mm or 3mm thick brass sheets, or make them out of thinner 0.5mm / 1.0mm sheet and just use them as liners over existing stock pads...

Attachments

• 20211215_151410.jpg
    20211215_151410.jpg
    247.8 KB · Views: 111
Back