Rear engine mount chain clearance.

Also, the proper "stack" of washers would be the lock washer first, and then the flat washer on top of that, then the nut to hold it all together...The smaller diameter of the lock washer will fit in perfectly without that angle...DAMIEN
I've always set the lock washer against the nut to lock it? Like in the image. I must be responsible for thousands of loose fasteners. I am now qualified to work in Chinese factory.
Also, the proper "stack" of washers would be the lock washer first, and then the flat washer on top of that, then the nut to hold it all together...The smaller diameter of the lock washer will fit in perfectly without that angle...DAMIEN

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210117-115234.png
    Screenshot_20210117-115234.png
    344.1 KB · Views: 173
I've always set the lock washer against the nut to lock it? Like in the image. I must be responsible for thousands of loose fasteners. I am now qualified to work in Chinese factory.
When you already have that rear steel strap over the the mounting studs, you already have a solid backing, making the flat washer redundant in that position.

Hence the reason for doing the stack the way i mentioned it to you.

The guy i told you about that helped me fabricate the new front engine mount on my bike pointed that out to me that i also had made that mistake.

When i reversed that stack, all now fits fine and well...DAMIEN

Back