rear engine scooter project

well ive got a new scooter. $25 bucks for the rolling chasis. i swapped the stock rims for 500CD rims (their lighter and stronger) i have a rear mount, off my alternator project, and i think a 2hp briggs with a centrifugal clutch will fit real nice behind the seat. this will allow me to have a standup/sitdown, and it will be more driveable, and it wont burn your leg(s) it will have all the plastics too. it wont be a speed demon, just something to putt around, and it will have good breaks also (thats a 1st)

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-07-13 at 9.12.38 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-07-13 at 9.12.38 AM.png
    2 MB · Views: 2,034
update.
i have had this project on the back burner. i am working on a tracked scooter, and swapping my big scooter to 4o chain, and fighting with EOGs, and other school related junk. also im playing with the design for a 6 speed overdrive trans for my suzuki motor. i have slowly been piling up parts for this. i have got the drivetrain parts here, and the exhaust, and throttle bracket drew up and printed (and i put the suport material on the wrong side, thats why the arm looks hideous), the only thing im waiting on is a comicly long cable, for the throttle. i also need to put on the clutch, and rear sprocket, etc, etc

the wobbleybike is doing well, it gets rode a decent bit still. everyone who rides it says its thier favorite bike, by far, i think ist because if the 7 speeds, speaking of which, i put 99 giant sedona wheels and tires on it, (people say they want the tires off it, and they are valuable or something like that..., i respond by doing a burnout. they work fantastic in the mud., as they are called mud dawgs, and they have good tread. as well as a m3ooo sr suntour, (im surprised i havent blown it out yet, (i hate suntours), to make it jump a bit better. i sent it off my 4 foot mtb ramp, and it went fine. i dont have pics, i was alone.) sadly the front wheel is straight...

took a long break from this project. it is now ready for paint. matte grey pannels, bright day glo orange tubing, blue accents.

i did go against moral conduct, and put a tecumseh on it. 3.5 hp. it runs surprisingly well, but the governer doesnt work right. it was free, because it was a box of parts. it wasnt missing a single thing surprisingly! it was almost never used. it came off a frozen powerwasher, and my the guy took it apart for fun. the only mod is a hater pipe. i hate those l shaped mufflers, since they sound like a diesel. the stacks actually work. and since i drilled lots of small holes to feed the headers, it is quieter than stock. it is a good 2500 rpm cruiser, with enough punch to wheelie from 10 mph. being a standup, it makes a fantastic drift scooter, in wet grass, and is alot of fun , once youve learned how to control the slide. the seat is removable, but it saves you from falling into the headers in a wreck. i am going to do rear disc breaks. i really want to build another one, so i can cruise with a friend. if any one has a scooter they would sell me, in the westwood SC, to charlotte NC area. pm me, top speed at 4000 rpm is 26.6 mph.

Back