Sprockets Rear Hub Sprocket Mount

V

vintagebiker

Has anyone else used this method to mount the rear sprocket. You have to fabricate the plates and then relace the wheel with shorter spokes but it makes a very solid sprocket mount.
2632_Rear_Hub_Sprocket_001_2.jpg

2632_Rear_Hub_Sprocket_002_2.jpg

thats pretty cool but you might want to post that in gen disc. no worry it's nice thoug

(moved into general discussion, it was off-topic in the pic gallery)

it's very cool, i agree...and it looks rock-solid 8)

what's with that stand? care to share a pic of that, too?

The flip down stand is from a 1947 H model Whizzer.
Reproductions are available.

The hub is a Shimano Nexus 7 speed internal with a hand brake.
The sprocket is for 35 chain because of the centrifugal clutch I used.

I enjoy making my own parts, I guess I saved about $100.00 with shipping from Au.

Yesw that is sweet. Very nice workmanship. Go buy yourself a beer ,You deserve it.m You must have a well setup shop or a lot of patience or I'm guessing probably both.
Any other home tooled parts you'd care to share???

~Haggard~

The rear hub plates can be made with a drill press and the tool pictured, a couple drill bits and a countersink bit.
Some careful measuring and a bit of patience does help too.

2632_Drill_Press_tool_001_1.jpg

nice hub:cool: is it internal gears or brakes ? what speed did you run your drill cutting the disk hard to find a small drill press that will go below 500 rpm
is that chain and sprocket off a pocket bike is it much smoother than the heavy duty one any probs with the chain stretching?
my problem is my sheds so messy i put my patience down and five minuets later i ca'nt find it

I just used the slowest speed the the pulleys on the drill press would allow.
Use ample cutting fluid. Not sure the exact RPM.
Clamp or screw the aluminum plate to you are cutting to a piece of plywood so you can cut all the way through the plate.
Also make sure the plywood is clamped tight to the drill press table.

It is a 35 chain and sprocket available at any bearing and drive supply house.

35 chain is the size that minibikes and go karts used back in the 1960's and 70's and some of those had up to 5 H.P. motors on them so I figured it was strong enough for this project.

I am not using this on one of those chinese motor kits.

I had a 3 H.P. 2 stroke Tecumseh motor on this bike but have recently purchased a Honda GX50 4 stroke motor for it.

Back