Rear Mount Engine Kits?

Hi all .I designed my own rearmount engine kit using a 49cc 2 stroke.
i use a chain drive from the engine to a pinion and a v belt from the pinion to the rear wheel. will do 40mph on straight stretch and have topped 50 mph on slight slope. the belt does not slip in the rain and i,ve even ridden in the snow. mind you i do have casts on both arms from the knuckles up. lol
maybe riding in the snow not a good idea??!!??
57_Picture_175_1.jpg

Haggard said:
Hi all .I designed my own rearmount engine kit using a 49cc 2 stroke.
i use a chain drive from the engine to a pinion and a v belt from the pinion to the rear wheel. will do 40mph on straight stretch and have topped 50 mph on slight slope. the belt does not slip in the rain and i,ve even ridden in the snow. mind you i do have casts on both arms from the knuckles up. lol
maybe riding in the snow not a good idea??!!??

Riding in the snow? I thought the stuff was soft and fluffy, would break your fall, not BOTH arms :???: :???: :???:

ouch! that doesn't look like it's any fun at all. :cry: :cry:

can i borrow yor bike while you're down. hahahahaha :D :D :D :D :D

You are a lunatic.....but I gotta love it. What kinda hub setup you got there? Just curious...have considered something similar for more "grab". Take it easy & heal up!!!

Deadbleedred

lol nO u cant borrow my bike . casts or not i'm still riding .
and as for the hub
57_Picture_162_1.jpg
its just a vpulley that i cut the middle out of and cut grooves for the spokes with a backing piece cut out of an old computer case .lol

My 49cc ran for like 45 minutes then overheated, and it had a real jerky start every time you had to come to a complete stop. You can't really peddle easily unless you get a special set up for that. And to top it all off the transmission broke, and now it doesn't work. This was bran new.
Mine was bought from bikeberry.com.

I'd like to hear some reports from those that have the rear mount engine kits on bicycles. Don't know the brands, but the ones that use the toothed belts seem to me to be the best idea? How are they for performance, reliability (this would mostly be the drive/mount system as an engine is pretty much an engine), vibration level, and sound level as compared to one of the Chinese frame mount engine kits.
I have had one for two years or three years its nice but doesn't work well in wet weather.

Boy, not a lot of activity recently eh? That kinda sucks as it seems to me that friction drive systems should hold a lot of promise at least allowing what should be a little easier barrier to entry into the bike scene, but perhaps I am wrong.

they're not ideal. I made my own in ~2011 with a chainsaw motor. the pressure on the wheel f***s stuff up. You have to make sure it's perfectly aligned otherwise bearings / etc get f***ed up. in theory it works and it does in practice but doesn't last for long.

Back