rear rack mount kit common problems

Toby woodman

Local time
6:58 PM
can someone with a rear rack mount kit please give me a hand with a few questions, I want to build a rear mount, the weight of the whole setup will probably end up being around 33 pounds, mounted as close in front of the rear axle as I can get it (towards the seat). the setup will be a 3hp 4 stroke, honda gx100, a 3:1 v belt reduction with a tensioner acting as a manual clutch to tighten the belt, and a 4.4 to 1 drive downwards to the rear wheel. What can I expect handling wise, bearing in the mind the top speed will only be about 23 mph, and what are the common problems with mounting a chain and tensioner from the rear rack jackshaft down the rear wheel. Thanks

Here's some pics that might help. SidewinderJerry might have 1 of these to give you ideas. Be careful he bites.

Here's some pics that might help. SidewinderJerry might have 1 of these to give you ideas. Be careful he bites.
It's NOT Jerry who bites Darwin, it's ImpulseRocket who will bite if your not carefulll...lol...lol.
Here is one of his "puppy" videos to prove it...lol.

la-creatura-dog.gif

I responded to Toby but some of my answers to him got put into another thread by mistake. I had put his engine specs in that answer. It's the one addressing the 3600 rpm engine.

Back