Rear racks

2005 NE-5 Whizzer Motorbike with a made in USA Westman Cyl and Worksman Cycles F&R drum brake, steel clincher rim wheels with 11 gauge spokes

Its a good thing your only dirt riding and not any street riding then...You NEED brakes for street riding just as ismellnownlatters is a street rider he needs those brakes.
Today my bike blew the gasket that is between the cylinder and bottom end but it is not loosing compression or leaking air or anything. I sprayed the brake cleaner on it and there were no bubbles. Should I put silicone around the gasket or just leave it

Today my bike blew the gasket that is between the cylinder and bottom end but it is not loosing compression or leaking air or anything. I sprayed the brake cleaner on it and there were no bubbles. Should I put silicone around the gasket or just leave it
My first question to ask you would be, have you been re-torquing the head bolts to 144 inch pounds, (12 ft pounds), as REQUIRED every heat cycle until this is fully broken in???...That is the usual way that the base gaskets will blow out on you...I would at the very least put some high temp silicone on those gaskets and let it set BEFORE putting them back on and re-torquing the head...But better still, I would buy some new gaskets and do the silicone rather than use the old gaskets again, but thats just me...lol.

My first question to ask you would be, have you been re-torquing the head bolts to 144 inch pounds, (12 ft pounds), as REQUIRED every heat cycle until this is fully broken in???...That is the usual way that the base gaskets will blow out on you...I would at the very least put some high temp silicone on those gaskets and let it set BEFORE putting them back on and re-torquing the head...But better still, I would buy some new gaskets and do the silicone rather than use the old gaskets again, but thats just me...lol.
I have only had the bike running for 2 days but I have re torqued the head boots to 12 ft Pounds. The engine is fully broken in and running a 32:1 mixture with mid grade gas
( I couldn’t find any ethanol free) . But the gasket it almost completely blown out of one side but not leaking anything . Is there anything else that could have caused this

It may have not been "seated" properly and evenly to begin with or the mating surfaces are not even.
Sorry to keep asking questions, but what aftermarket carburetor would you recommend? my nt carburetor cracked, and I have it temporarily fixed with thin rubber to stop the air leak but I am not sure how long this will last

( I couldn’t find any ethanol free)
I find it somewhat incongruous that you are having difficulty finding ethanol free gasoline considering your in a state with alot of farming and ranching activities where ethanol free gasoline tends to be more popular there than what it is in many other states.

Tell me exactly what town your in, via PM if you wish, and I can locate the gas stations for you that carry it.

Back