Rear wheel/chain alignment issues and then some

Local time
5:33 AM
so i have a 2020 Phatmoto rover. I kept getting flats like every other day on my rear wheel and i wanted to put some mag wheels on it (salvaged from a previous build that had a bent axel) so i used the axel from the stock rim and in the process the bearings busted, so there is no way to easily switch back.. and when i put the axel in the mag rim and put the disc break and spacer on it, used the chain ffom the privious build cause i went with a smaller spricket in the back and didnt want to take any links off the stock chain in case i needed to backpeddal. And now the right side crank powered sprocket is way sideways... and one of the screw holes that hold the rear sprocket and break disk is stripped so i just put red locktite on the rest of them. And it still goes but if i had to pedal i dont think it would last.. and after adding the rims i was looking at these old super tall ape hangers i had on the wall in my garage... thought they might look good on it... but now i face the issue of finding a 6 foot throttle cable and extending the kill switch, and break cables... any advise would be appreciated.

Attachments

• 71EFCCAC-2E57-4A08-B50E-A00D2495DE45.jpeg
    71EFCCAC-2E57-4A08-B50E-A00D2495DE45.jpeg
    178.5 KB · Views: 164
Too bad you can't test ride it with the apes on it for awhile, I know my shoulder would never take it for to long.

I see a couple different things going on there all at once. The chain from the motor angles away from the rear sprocket, not sure how you have the motor sprocket fixed to the trans, if it can move closer to the frame that would line up. The obvious pedal chain alignment, can the sprocket on the cranks be moved inboard? That would take up some of that. The wheel is offset to the left, probably for the disc brake bracket. But the rear axle doesn't look like it goes through the wheel at 90 degrees.

A fatter hub/wheel might fix everything.

Back