Rear wheel help

sonic883

Local time
9:08 PM
I have used the standard rim brake wheels for a while now and discovered they not very strong, and go out of Wack very easily especially with the rag joint, we’ll that’s just my experience. I have a much stronger giant rim, that had a disc on it but I took it off the threads of the bolts rounded out so I had to drill the heads out. I just wondering how I would mount it now. I have both rag joint and hub adapter, would a hub adapter work ? I’m guessing the hub adapter, I’m on holidays so I can’t see if it fits.
Pls help asap ( 2 stroke 80cc)

I have used the standard rim brake wheels for a while now and discovered they not very strong, and go out of Wack very easily especially with the rag joint, we’ll that’s just my experience. I have a much stronger giant rim, that had a disc on it but I took it off the threads of the bolts rounded out so I had to drill the heads out. I just wondering how I would mount it now. I have both rag joint and hub adapter, would a hub adapter work ? I’m guessing the hub adapter, I’m on holidays so I can’t see if it fits.
It’s 26 inch, and by giant I mean the bike brand

How about a pic

The rag joint is the toughest, most secure, and least likely to damage your wheel. It's the best option if you can use it. Just takes some time to get it aligned properly.

Doesn’t it put a lot of stress on the spokes ?
The rag joint is the toughest, most secure, and least likely to damage your wheel. It's the best option if you can use it. Just takes some time to get it aligned properly.

The key is a match book, and a level. You use the match book to make strips, then slide them in between the hub and the sprocket to work as an alignment tool. Snug the nuts down, paying attention to the strips, so they stay true. They rot away quickly, and you can cut them off when done too. Next, mount up the rim sideways, using the level to level it and lock it in place so it can only spin. Now use the level to torque down your sprocket on the wheel in the vice. Just keeping it all, you guessed it, level.

Did you say you have a wheel with disc brakes? There are sprockets you can mount to the disc brake holes. I am not sure what the best way to mount the sprocket is, but with my disc brake mounted sprockets, I haven't had any issues like I had with the rag joint.

Back