Rear wheel wobble

unoahguy

Local time
8:49 AM
So I took my Whizzer out to the country roads today and half way down a 40 mph stretch I felt my rear wheel wobble intensely. I pulled off to the side and noticed that the rear tire was having issues even when walking the bike.

I slowly rode it home and when I got home noticed a loose nut on the axle. Oof.

I tried realigning the wheel and it felt worse. Could I just be realigning it wrong? Could it not be trued?

Freewheel axles are prone to bending. You could replace it with a cro-molly axle which is a little harder steel. My advice would be to get a double walled rim. Unless you have a truing stand you aren't going to to be able to correctly true the rim.

So I took my Whizzer out to the country roads today and half way down a 40 mph stretch I felt my rear wheel wobble intensely. I pulled off to the side and noticed that the rear tire was having issues even when walking the bike.

I slowly rode it home and when I got home noticed a loose nut on the axle. Oof.

I tried realigning the wheel and it felt worse. Could I just be realigning it wrong? Could it not be trued?
You just bought that Worksman Hub in July and had a bike shop true the wheel after ya laced it. Is the rim bent or is it the hub?
I know you said ya had to flatten out the brake arm for some reason to install the wheel on your bike.
Do you think it was something you did?

From his description we don't know if it's a tire issue, spokes, axle or[?]. What does realigning the wheel mean?

You just bought that Worksman Hub in July and had a bike shop true the wheel after ya laced it. Is the rim bent or is it the hub?
I know you said ya had to flatten out the brake arm for some reason to install the wheel on your bike.
Do you think it was something you did?
I took the wheel off and spun it around by itself. Something is definitely not okay with it

I took the wheel off and spun it around by itself. Something is definitely not okay with it
OK something's wrong with it. Is the rim bent or is it the hub guts.
If it's the hub guts take it apart and find out why.
If the rim is bent take it back to the bike shop and have em true it again.

Worksman Cycles has a 1 year warranty on that Hub ya bought
But it might be void now because ya hammered the brake arm flat?

Went to a bike shop. They say it is not salvageable. Damn. Gonna try and take it apart and get my money back for the hub. What Worksman wheel do you recommend?

Back