Rear wheel wobble

Your manual clutch Whizzer takes a Coaster brake wheel, So I would recommend the Worksman Cycle coaster brake wheel
Part # 4136A rear coaster brake 26" wheel without tire - Steel clincher rim with 11 gauge spokes - Industrial Heavy Duty
https://www.worksmancycles.com/media/2013/INB.pdf Call for a price$ - I'm guessing $95
If ya get a warranty refund for the hub put the $$$ towards the new wheel.

Worksman warranty claim, they will want pictures of the faulty hub and parts.
I made a warranty claim once from Worksman and all's they wanted was pictures.
A wheel I had ordered, the axle got damaged in shipping. I E mailed them pictures of the damaged axle. Worksman wanted to send me a new wheel or wanted to know if I wanted a refund, but I said no that's OK just send me a new axle. Worksman sent me a new axle with all new hardware too (y)

Last edited:
@Wrench the worksman wheel came today in the mail, but I am having trouble putting the sheave on. Is there a way you do it?

@Wrench the worksman wheel came today in the mail, but I am having trouble putting the sheave on. Is there a way you do it?
Do the notches in the sheave mounting brackets line up with the spokes?
If not, your gonna have to make a notch in the bracket with a grinder or round file. - See picture of the notch I made
I had to notch mine, but I have the Worksman rear wheel with drum brakes.

The Whizzer factory in the old days had a special alignment tool that they would just slap on the wheel and the sheave aligned perfect.

To line up the sheave on the wheel just line it up the best ya can by measuring from rim edge to sheave.
This is where some finesse comes in. Tighten down the mounting brackets tight but not too tight.
Then with a feeler indicator stick taped to the frame to judge the alignment of the sheave - See Picture
Spin the wheel with belt off to see where the sheave needs adjustment. By using a rubber mallet and by loosening or tightening the sheave mounting brackets the sheave can be tapped to perfect alignment. Takes patients and some finesse to get the sheave perfectly aligned.

After ya get the sheave aligned with the indicator stick put the belt on and while watching the Indicator stick also watch the clutch arm. If the sheave is out of alignment the clutch arm will jump up and down When ya get the sheave mounted almost perfect the clutch arm will appear not to move up and down at all.
Proper sheave alignment will help your engine last longer. Because if the sheave is out of alignment it will cause constant uneven belt pressure on the clutch which will put constant uneven belt pressure on the crank which is not good.

Picture of the notch I had to grind in the sheave mounting brackets.
Pictures of how to use a feeler indicator stick and a couple suggestions of where to mount it.
Good luck, It might seem tricky at first. but you'll get it. Might take 1hr to align perfect

Attachments

• DSCF2725.JPG
    DSCF2725.JPG
    140 KB · Views: 170
  • DSCF2716.JPG
    DSCF2716.JPG
    135.5 KB · Views: 161
  • DSCF2718.JPG
    DSCF2718.JPG
    146.2 KB · Views: 158
  • DSCF2727.JPG
    DSCF2727.JPG