Rebuild Day by Day

I'm rebuilding / transplanting my bike. Old kit / new frame. Objective is to create this bike to be more comfortable to ride than previous builds, and dependability.

Day One: Assembled new bike, replaced rear wheel, removed derailuers and installed handlebar controls.
IMG_20190724_195250.jpg

Day 2: it looks the same. Added a chain for the single speed freewheel and swapped out the front wheel. I'm gonna have to order another set of these mags so I have a full set on each of my bikes. All my spare 415 chains worked with the help of about 4 master links. Tonight I'll be mounting my engine, maybe. I need to pull apart the other ride and see what's up there. Also, this engine needs to be cleaned up really good. The bike rides well for the most part. I can see myself replacing the forks pretty soon. Still not as comfortable as the Kent KZR

Last edited:
What rear wheel did you go with?
I'm rebuilding / transplanting my bike. Old kit / new frame. Objective is to create this bike to be more comfortable to ride than previous builds, and dependability.

Day One: Assembled new bike, replaced rear wheel, removed derailuers and installed handlebar controls.
View attachment 88972
What tire did you use on the back?

What rear wheel did you go with?

What tire did you use on the back?
I'm using the mag rear wheel. The tire is a 2.12" Schwinn Kevlar Cruiser tire from Amazon $16.99 ea. I love them, pure road and wide. The only thing I don't like is they are squared so I take my turns nonaggressively.

images.jpeg

Last edited:
Day 3: All finished. I'm gonna get some new forks asap. This engine runs great. It sounds like a little 80. I'll drive it around a bit today and be safe. I bet this thing will hit 35 / 40 with the 36 tooth sprocket. I'm glad to have this engine back on a bike. It's been a great little China Girl. So next paycheck, forks and set of mag wheels.

IMG_20190727_142636.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20190727_142636.jpg
    IMG_20190727_142636.jpg
    270.2 KB · Views: 128
Update, I may put the derailuer back on. The single speed just won't tension right with the engine. . I ended up taking off the chain and using it scoot style again.

Back