recharging Whizzer battery

S

smitty

Has anybody ever recharged a Whizzer battery? If so how did you do it? Did you just use a car battery charger? Perhaps some other device? Any advice would be appreciated.

Recharge Battery?

Hi the charging system on the bike charges the battery, how old is it?
you may need a new battery.

Mike

I knew the bike was supposed to, but it hasn't. I did notice that a ground wire, at the battery box stud, was sitting on paint. I guess I hoped that bare metal would help, but apparently not. The bike has been sitting since 2000. Probably needs a new battery. I searched around Whizzer sites, but couldn't find one. I found the Yuasa (brand) site but that was in Germany. Mike, do you have any?

Hi smitty happy you found one .for any other Whizzer riders ,These are just off the shelf sealed security system 12 volt batterys Bill Green Vancouver Whizzer

I recharged my Whizzer battery with an old cordless telephone wall adapter. 12volt 200ma It worked great although it took 24hrs to charge. I'm glad you found a new battery but maybe this will help someone else.

Jim

I charge the batteries with an old camcorder battery charger and usually charges over night. Many Whizzer will not charge the battery if the battery is almost or completly dead, but will work fine to charge a 1/2 charged battery to fully charged. Whizzer is upping the stakes on the current NE motors by using a stronger charging system, and although I haven't tested the new system on a dead battery yet it sure looks like it will charge better.
Eight coils replace six, looks like a winner to me.
Whizzer OuterBanks,
Quenton

Back