Recommend me an engine kit

Moorv

Local time
12:41 AM
I've been wanting to try out this motorized bicycle thing for some years now after seeing ads in the backs of magazines. Basically I am looking for something that can go long distances, is on the lower end of the price scale and will get up hills. I would also prefer something easy to install, but that isn't my biggest concern. I don't need super-high speed or anything. I'm not a daredevil. Basically I want to know what brand(s) of engines I should consider and where the best place to get them from would be.

I am not going to recommend any certain supplier,, but if you read the posts enough, you will see that many ,,, BUT not all, have had too much trouble with their cheaper kits. The cheap kits can be the hardest to install, & the least reliable. If you want to commute long distances, you need something of better quality. Save up a little more cash & go with something that has a motor from Subaru, Honda [ REAL Honda ], Mitsubishi, Tanaka, etc.
This is MY opinion, & experience !

I'm going to go with a Staton kit. See my lenghty post titled "GEBE or Staton?" for my reasons, and responses from other people that are much more knowledgeable than I am. I DO think that you get what you pay for. Make your choices and take your chances.

Good luck in your search,

Warner

Here's the thread I was referring to: http://www.motoredbikes.com/showthread.php?t=11616

Back