Recommendation for New Build

JerboaJohn

yeah most 26" beach cruisers have room for a Huasheng.
mountain bikes, not all.
where did i see that triangle 4stroke dimensions you can cut out of cardboard to see if an engine will fit? on BB??

Last edited:

spirittoo

So the 26" beach cruiser should do the job and can handle the 4 stroke?:unsure: If so I will go for the one in the link I posted.:geek:

Will'smotobikes19

Yes that should work be careful of the chain drive transmission I would keep the gearbox greased/cleaned regularly and maybe even put better quality chain in. I'm assuming its either a single or double chain but it doesn't show a pic of it.

spirittoo

I was looking at the engine from the link I posted ... I saw this note ... If your bike has one piece cranks you will need a European Bottom Bracket Adapter for the wide cranks to be installed. ... What does it mean?:unsure:

CrazyDan

I assume its going to be the single chain transmission. They make no mention of the gear ratios or show a pic, probably on purpose. I would look for a kit with belt drive. Also, if you want single speed, a rear wheel that takes disc brakes would work best to mount the sprocket. The rag joint wrecks your spokes.

spirittoo

I assume its going to be the single chain transmission. They make no mention of the gear ratios or show a pic, probably on purpose. I would look for a kit with belt drive. Also, if you want single speed, a rear wheel that takes disc brakes would work best to mount the sprocket. The rag joint wrecks your spokes.
What is a "rag joint" is that on the engine or with the kit?:unsure: I tired to find a kit with a belt drive so far no luck. Could you provide a link to one? What is a "single chain transmission" ... like a one speed? Is the bike I'm choosing going to need those disc brakes? Are they available for that model bike? Will it be okay without the disc brakes?

gary55

How about this kit will it be good enough?
Like Dan says they don't show a transmission. They also don't list one in the section listing parts included. That means if they don't send one with it you will have to buy one separately. You want a kit with a belt drive. I strongly suggest that you spend a little more money and get a quality kit from a reputable company that stands behind their product and will be very reliable. This is what I would chose. you will save money time, and countless headaches in the long run.49cc 4G T Belt Drive Complete Gas Powered Engine Kit - Bicycle-Engines.com

spirittoo

Thanks for the link ... what is the difference between a belt drive and chain drive and what does the transmission look like? I guess I could ask the seller if it comes with a transmission. $350 is too much for me for an kit ... what about this one does it have a transmission?

Last edited:

gary55

Thanks for the link ... what is the difference between a belt drive and chain drive and what does the transmission look like? I guess I could ask the seller if it comes with a transmission. $350 is too much for me for an kit ... what about this one does it have a transmission?
Yes it's a belt drive trans. This is the European bottom bracket adapter you were asking about earlier. Bottom Bracket Adapters - Sick Bike Parts