Recommendation for New Build

spirittoo

Local time
9:13 AM
Hello ... I decided I would like a motorize bike. I am planning to buy a kit from ebay, and I would like to know what kind of bike I could get that would be under $100 that would be suitable. What are the important things I need to know when doing this kind of purchase and first time project.

Thank you for reading my post. 🤓🖖

Well you posted this in the 4 stroke section, in that case there are none unless you find a really cheap used setup. most 49cc 4 stroke kits go for high $100's like $180-$190 but some are $165. This is a 4 stroke bike I'm working on, free motor free bike briggs and stratton. Only setups you will find for $100 are the really cheap 49cc 2 strokes. theres friction drive, chain drive, belt drive. Here's something on bikeberry https://www.bikeberry.com/bbr-tuning-38cc-4-stroke-rear-axle-engine-kit.html
3hp.jpeg

Last edited:
I'm sorry ... I should have been more clear with my first post. I'm looking for a bicycle without the motor for $100 or less, and I'm planning to buy a kit from ebay for $166.00. I wanted to know if there is a bike I can buy online that will work with the kit I plan to buy on ebay. I also wanted to know what problems I can run into while doing this first ever .... I don't know what I'm doing .... build.

Thanks for reading my post.(y)

How about this kind of bike ... RoadMaster Are the gears going to be a problem?

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Need wide cranks this is my bike but wow it went from $217 to $267 it will definitely work with a 4 stroke. Too many spokes for sprockets on the stock wheel (68) so friction drive would be best unless you have these wheels in the pic or others. When you have a $100 bike they don’t really last but can work. This frame is pretty strong and looks good it’s stretched 3 inches. I’m sure others will chime in with more bike ideas.
6E904F66-1C8D-4DC4-9E40-CDA1833BDB11.jpeg

Oh and granite peak stock forks are horrible replace them 1st thing with a suntour. Be careful about kickstand bracket or reinforce weld it because it will break off. Either way you’ll lose your speeds if you get a mountain bike/4 stroke combo

How about this bike will it work better and be more durable?

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
How about this kit will it be good enough?

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
good enough kit to start with. id say look at larger mountain bikes or beach cruisers because you'll need room for a 4 stroke unless you do a rear rack mount

Back